134 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

no its looking more like it was luck.... Marsch just got the most out of them...

Taxi is a stud wish he could have gone to the English Premier League so it would be easier to see him play... I wish him the best.... I hope one day he chooses to come back

He cant play in England. If he could, he would have been there a couple of seasons ago.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

He cant play in England. If he could, he would have been there a couple of seasons ago.

That was due to his visa issues, no? He would have likely been sold much earlier if not for that roadblock.

I disagree that he couldnt cut it in England.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

no its looking more like it was luck.... Marsch just got the most out of them...

Taxi is a stud wish he could have gone to the English Premier League so it would be easier to see him play... I wish him the best.... I hope one day he chooses to come back

Ive seen you mention luck in a couple of different threads now and Im not quite sure I understand your point. When you list examples of guys that starts to reach 6 and 7 and on and on, thats not luck. Thats a formula that was in place that was working. They were good at identifying guys with obscure track records, or none at all, that fit well and allowed them to flourish. Unfortunately, the current regime has drifted away from that.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

That was due to his visa issues, no? He would have likely been sold much earlier if not for that roadblock.

I disagree that he couldnt cut it in England.

He could definitely cut it in England. Yes, he couldnt get a work visa because of his countrys FIFA ranking.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Good for Taxi. Gonna miss him and will never forget him asking me why I didn't bring my Jamaica jersey to the meet the team day/signing in 2016. And then asking why I even had one.. 

Good dude.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He could have now because Jamaica cracked the FIFA top 50 for the first time in a while, but I don't think the interest was still there for him.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

The front office may spin in the quotes they give, but so far the only media person to criticize the team this offseason is Twellman.

All the other RBNY media regulars seem to be shilling for the club (possibly out of fear of losing their credentials/sources if they go negative).

This is true, except maybe for the Red Bull rant. Those guys call it how it is.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

I was hoping he'd stay and be the captain that finally lifts the cup

If he was captain then he definitely would have punched his ticket out of here... lookin at the last few captains we had.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Good for him, hope he does well.

Also, were fucked.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Cheap fucks. Pay the man. And while your at it sign some real fucking players and pay them too.

Good luck Taxi!

Best lockdown LB we will ever have. EVER.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Taxi is right for wanting more of the right persons on the squad. Fucking typical clownshoes.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

https://www.mlssocce...ry-greg-seltzer

got to say Kemar, Morrow and DMB

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

https://rbnn.us/2020...ay-to-transfer/

Sources with knowledge of the situation told RBNN that Lawrence had an on-going series of off the field problems for years, dating back to Jesse Marsch’s tenure as head coach.

Over the years, Lawrence often failed to report back to the team following international duty. In some cases, he would remain out of contact with the team for several days, reportedly turning his phone off.

One recent incident came last spring, when during a visit to the Philadelphia Union. The match is best known for Ilsinho’s game changing substitute performance, thrashing the Red Bulls in a come from behind win for the Union. Andre Blake and Kemar Lawrence were both expected to play in the match following their international foray. Blake appeared in the match, Lawrence did not.

At the time, Head Coach Chris Armas instead elected to cover for the player saying he had played 90 minutes and the team was being careful after a recent injury.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://rbnn.us/2020...ay-to-transfer/

Attitude will have to change in Europe.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Hahaha RBNN is practically an extension of the FO.

Getting heat for transfering arguabely your most important player during a disastrous offseason? Call up an organization more than willing to tow the company line and dump every problem you ever had with him.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users