31 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Ok, so who here thinks MLS will make Metro tank next year at... Bears Stadium, or Rutgers, or Mitchel field, or whatever? If the Giants Stadium lease indeed has run out, why would NJSEA not try to screw the Metros for 2006? So the league can comply, and we might see the Dallas situation replicated in New Jersey. And then for 2007...

STADIUM!
FIGO!
BECKHAM!
etc.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Consigliere

Consigliere

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, Soccer, and Women, not always in that order...
  • Supports:Red Bulls/Metro, Aston Villa
If Metro stay at The Swamp, they will be treated worse than ever. Hell, play at the local park if you need to. LOL

I hope Rutgers can step-up for 1 season. Give them a suitcase with hundreds in it to get them to agree (I have to believe AEG has a "bribe" account somewhere ;) ). Just get out of GS!
"Leave the fucking cheese there, alright! I love fucking cheese at my feet! I stick motherfuckin' provolone in my socks at night, so they smell like your sister's crotch in the morning." --Silvio Dante

Olesh

Olesh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars Black
How many times do I have to say this? Bob Mulcahy, the Rutgers athletic director was the former President & CEO of the NJSEA prior to 1998. I don't see anyway he'd accomodate Metro in order to aid in the screwing of NJSEA. Metro to Rutgers for anything other than a one-off is not happening as long as he's in charge.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
You can't move Metro to middle-fucking-Jersey for a season and expect to get all those fans back the next season.

Bears/Eagles Stadium in Newark would do just fine, for one season.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Thing is, NJSEA makes like $ 5 mil a year on Metro. I can see them not being happy about them moving, being bitter and stuff, by if you are them, why throw away $ 5 mil?

I'm all for Metro playing at Newark Bears park, some other complex, or a damn floating barge in the passaic river. I think it makes more sense for AEG/Metro to not lose the $5 mil in rent than it does for NJSEA to kick them out. It's not like they are doing anything with the dates Metro uses (Sat nights in April-May are big concert times? And, look at your sched, we're booted to Sundays the next 2 home games).

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Ok, so who here thinks MLS will make Metro tank next year at... Bears Stadium, or Rutgers, or Mitchel field, or whatever? If the Giants Stadium lease indeed has run out, why would NJSEA not try to screw the Metros for 2006? So the league can comply, and we might see the Dallas situation replicated in New Jersey. And then for 2007...

STADIUM!
FIGO!
BECKHAM!
etc.

not sure

as it is, the atmosphere shall be, um, er, interesting at the remaining games this year.

But if there was another place to play for a year or two, woudln't Metro have already explored that opp? I'm not sure there is another place to play who would have AEG/Metro. We'll see though.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
from BS:

http://www.bigsoccer...36&page=1&pp=15

reason to believe it's true? or more BS bs...? im guessing the latter

nutmegger

nutmegger

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT

from BS:

http://www.bigsoccer...36&page=1&pp=15

reason to believe it's true? or more BS bs...? im guessing the latter

BS bs if you ask me

Michael K

Michael K

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Sending punks like you down to the street.
Typical DC retardation.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
And 3 pages of replies. That's why I don't go to BS anymore.

LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro, Celtic, Houston Dynamo

STADIUM!
FIGO!
BECKHAM!
etc.

Well, Figo is about to sign a two-year deal with Inter Milan. So he is tied up until May/June 2007

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Well, Figo is about to sign a two-year deal with Inter Milan.

Right, so he is ripe for May/June of 2007.

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams
I'd love to see a split 16 game home schedule:

7 games in Rutgers, expanding the stadium like Naperville.

7 games in Long Island at Mitchell Field, maybe expand slightly.

2 games at Giants Stadium as doubleheaders, and make them big ones in lieu of the World Cup.

This would expand the fan base and then meet centrally at Harrison in 2007, almost in the middle. It would ingrain us a little more to the NYC media as well.

nutmegger

nutmegger

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT

I'd love to see a split 16 game home schedule:

7 games in Rutgers, expanding the stadium like Naperville.

7 games in Long Island at Mitchell Field, maybe expand slightly.

2 games at Giants Stadium as doubleheaders, and make them big ones in lieu of the World Cup.

This would expand the fan base and then meet centrally at Harrison in 2007, almost in the middle. It would ingrain us a little more to the NYC media as well.

Very creative. I like it. A good way to begin (again) building the fan base.

NM

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
OK, why is Rutgers getting discussed? It isn't close to anything. The only towns nearby are residentially spaced out, so those that live up north need to drive to get there. School isn't in full session over the summer, so you don't have the student base. And, as has been pointed out plenty, their AD was involved with the NJSEA, why would he do this?

I would like to add one other thing: You can't do it.

Simple reason: You want fans buying season tickets under the guise of "priority seating" at the new stadium. You can't have fans from Long Island buying season tickets and then driving 3-hours, one way, to Rutgers and then other fans in Randolph buying tickets and driving out the LI to get in a game.

You either need to stay put at Giants Stadium, or you shift to a location near the location you are building.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users