• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

If it is who I think it will be, English was not his first language. And... the league has never seen a player of his technical ability.

Like anything else, the stars must align. Let's focus on the first game of the season. This topic will come up again.

Tomas Rosicky

5 year plan

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Tomas Rosicky

Speaking of Arsenal, if anyone is near a TV right now you really should be watching the Milan -Arsenal match as it may turn out to be one of the fixtures of the CL season. Not to give anything away, but the next 45 minutes are gonna be interesting to say the least.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
the two other guys at work are going absolutely ape-shit over this game, neither of them are Arsenal or Milan fans.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It didn't hurt he had guys like Steve Ralston (in Tampa) and Pablo Mastroeni (in Miami) playing next to him to do the dirty work.

It also didn't hurt that when Valderrama got pissed off, he had Eric Quill around to absorb the fury of Carlos's Colombian Fist of JusticeTM.

Well, it probably hurt Mr. Quill quite a bit, but everyone's got their role on the team...

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

blurroske

blurroske

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
NYRB should be champions in 2012. They have the players for it.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I think we are Championship material if our GKs play well, Backless motivates and coaches our guys properly, and we get a true CAM someitme in the summer. Only injuries or lack of Rodgers could stop us.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT
I expect us to win the East and to only lose 3 games at home. I think winning the USOC is achievable as Seattle will do their damnest to win the West and prepare to beat LA & RSL for the Western Conference crown. I also expect us to win the Eastern Conference crown and play in MLS Cup 2012. It won't be easy but we have the most expensive payroll in the East.

That's what I expect.

What I have to hope for is for Backe to learn his lessons from 2010 & 2011 and use his bench throughout the season. Rest starting players and give bench players minutes during the season as well as USOC. The team has to improve defensively and on set pieces. Had we won half the games we tied last year, we would've won the East and had a better route to MLS Cup 2011. I hope our veterans play smarter and avoid needless red cards that hurt the team at critical junctions.

There are no excuses this year. No CCL matches, no long west coast swings. We were 2nd in the league in scoring without a No. 10. The questions is will the team play to the level of expectations by the supporters, ticket buyers and the press.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

TimKlotz

TimKlotz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:GSFC, RBNY, WHUFC, USMNT
Not sure which of my internet personas should reply to this one. Pre-season, stoked Tim Klotz or the wary, pessimist Tim Klotz.
TimKlotz - GSU

What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight

Amerisnob

Amerisnob

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Supports:Cosmos, Metro, PAOK
Regular Season: The new conference-heavy schedule helps us massively in the SS race. So does our new-found depth. Most of the East is a crap shoot with us and Sporting distancing from the rest. I am very optimistic about this year, and see us no worse than 2nd in the East. We should contend for the Shield.

Open Cup: The reserves are very good, hopefully we can make a run in this tournament. Please, please no more losing to 3rd division teams. It's fucking embarrassing.

Playoffs: Total crap shoot, but I expect us to at least to get to the conference championship game.

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -

If it is who I think it will be, English was not his first language. And... the league has never seen a player of his technical ability.

Like anything else, the stars must align. Let's focus on the first game of the season. This topic will come up again.

Gua-cho :cheers:
  •    Starting 11
  • ------ BWP ---------
  •   ------ SK ---------
  • - Grella ------ L.Sam ---
  • ----- Felipe - Dax ---------
  • Kemar -------------  Duvall
  •      Damien - M&M

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Different kind of player... but yes even better from a technical standpoint than the Frenchman.

Posted Image
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Different kind of player... but yes even better from a technical standpoint than the Frenchman.

Posted Image

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Posted Image

Best one yet!

Stephen Ireland would be an interesting fit, but he's no Flamingo!

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users