23 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Amazing how players our coaches relegated to the bench and/or dumped fairly recently are doing well in better teams. Now Kaku and CCJ are getting this treatment as well. Then we complain of not having talent or they didn't fit the system instead of admitting a mistake and not making it again. Really upsetting...

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Amazing how players our coaches relegated to the bench and/or dumped fairly recently are doing well in better teams. Now Kaku and CCJ are getting this treatment as well. Then we complain of not having talent or they didn't fit the system instead of admitting a mistake and not making it again. Really upsetting...

If a player is good enough to succeed at Anderlecht, they weren't staying here, period.     Taxi and Murillo knew that and forced everyone's hand.   Kaku tried that, but we fought it off.   DE7 has had a total of one goal in 21 appearances for Cowtown.     We did a favor letting Muyl go somewhere he would get minutes, and he has yet to score for Nashville.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If a player is good enough to succeed at Anderlecht, they weren't staying here, period.     Taxi and Murillo knew that and forced everyone's hand.   Kaku tried that, but we fought it off.   DE7 has had a total of one goal in 21 appearances for Cowtown.     We did a favor letting Muyl go somewhere he would get minutes, and he has yet to score for Nashville.

Derrick has more goals scored than Muyl? Wow. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

the sooner that everyone internalizes that if we sign the type of player we want in the squad they won't be here more than 3 years the better.  We just need to scout replacements better, but the error in the decision tree isn't selling them, its replacing them.  We've sold most of our guys for enough money/GAM that we should have been able to get a good replacement imo.

I'd rather play Etienne up top than Barlow, but we wouldn't make MLS Cup magically if he or Muyl were still here.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Derrick has more goals scored than Muyl? Wow. 

And Big Tom Barlow has more than DE.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Don't care about DE7 and Muyl, but Taxi was going to stay with a bit of a raise, and our coaches benched Murillo, Kaku, and Sims. Like I said, thanks Chris and Denis. Hopefully Struber will come to his senses though once he is with the team a bit more.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if we sign the type of player we want in the squad they won't be here more than 3 years

That is the situation with most clubs globally.
RBS has the same Develop & Sell policy.
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/55038201

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

One thing the team has done well is replace Miazga with Parker/Long. Think about this though. Murillo, Sims, Taxi, Kaku are good enough to start for Anderlecht, play in England championships, and be a consistent selection to Paraguayan NT. That's 40% of field player starters. Yet somehow for Metro these players are either benched or dumped. Then we complain that we don't have talent. Just having these guys say this year, and playing them, would be a huge boost. Truly hope next year things will be different and we can get/keep talent like that and use it.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

One thing the team has done well is replace Miazga with Parker/Long. Think about this though. Murillo, Sims, Taxi, Kaku are good enough to start for Anderlecht, play in England championships, and be a consistent selection to Paraguayan NT. That's 40% of field player starters. Yet somehow for Metro these players are either benched or dumped. Then we complain that we don't have talent. Just having these guys say this year, and playing them, would be a huge boost. Truly hope next year things will be different and we can get/keep talent like that and use it.

Do you not believe that it has an impact on a player's performance when they feel like their club is acting as a roadblock to their career ambitions? I think we've seen some good evidence on our team that it does.

Murillo, Taxi, Kaku, and Long all had extended stretches of bad play or bad behavior (often both) when they pushed for a move that Red Bull was unwilling or unable to accommodate. Sometimes they bounced back like Long and Kaku did this year. Sometimes they didn't like Murillo, who became a major locker room issue and played poorly, or Taxi, who would go AWOL after international breaks.

And then you have to figure the reputation you're building for your club. We want to be a team that builds from its youth. The Leipzig pipeline helps, but if you're a talented young player are you having second thoughts about signing with us knowing that the club may not be reasonable selling you when an offer from a more competitive league comes?

I'd love to keep these guys around for 5+ years with their full dedication too, but imo its not as easy as just throwing money at young players who want to make the next step in their careers. Just gotta do your best to replace talent with more talent, like we did swapping Miazga for Parker or Murillo for Duncan.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Don't care about DE7 and Muyl, but Taxi was going to stay with a bit of a raise, and our coaches benched Murillo, Kaku, and Sims. Like I said, thanks Chris and Denis. Hopefully Struber will come to his senses though once he is with the team a bit more.

Taxi wasn't going to stay, and Murillo benched himself.   Kaku needed to be benched, and Sims left because of Covid.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Sims was just interviewed saying he loved RB and would want to still be here if it wasnt for Covid. I think we ignore Murillo was a train wreck in the end here. Taxi was not staying. You could say he wanted a raise all you want, but he literally had just gotten one. Kaku has barely played for Paraguay, which is awesome, and has also been given consistent minutes for RB. Cherry picking doesnt tell the full story.

I agree with many people here, the team has done a nice job of developing talent and selling them, poor job replacing them.

I just showed you a link where Taxi literally said he just wanted a raise. This was before he was released. Be open minded and consider evidence at hand. Sounds like your mind is made up, and you are too stubborn to look at actual facts.

As far as Sims, no one is debating he would have stayed if not for COVID. I am pointing out he was benched even before COVID though as an example of not using the talent we have. Murillo's train wreck I feel had a lot to do with Armas. The guy was a star before Armas in MLS and star after in Europe. There is no denying of his talent.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

I just showed you a link where Taxi literally said he just wanted a raise. This was before he was released. Be open minded and consider evidence at hand. Sounds like your mind is made up, and you are too stubborn to look at actual facts.

As far as Sims, no one is debating he would have stayed if not for COVID. I am pointing out he was benched even before COVID though as an example of not using the talent we have. Murillo's train wreck I feel had a lot to do with Armas. The guy was a star before Armas in MLS and star after in Europe. There is no denying of his talent.

You sir, have blinders on for only things you care to think. If I didnt know better, you would be our fearless president.

https://www.google.c...o-transfer/amp/

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

You sir, have blinders on for only things you care to think. If I didnt know better, you would be our fearless president.

https://www.google.c...o-transfer/amp/

This evidence is to prove he is not talented? Or that he didn't want raise to stay? I literally showed to you the guy was willing to stay if he got a raise, as he said himself. You have once again failed to make a point aside from starting some political rant.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

This evidence is to prove he is not talented? Or that he didn't want raise to stay? I literally showed to you the guy was willing to stay if he got a raise, as he said himself. You have once again failed to make a point aside from starting some political rant.

Fact: He had just had a raise. Fact: he had discipline issues that the team was unhappy about going back to Marsch era AND still gave him a raise. Fact: when he bitches and moans for ANOTHER raise they decided its in their best interest to sell them. Fact: he has struggled mightily since moving on from RB. Fact: you need to move on

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

When did I say anything about him not being talented? Fact: reading comprehension- poor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users