#31 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

The McCourts were bad news from day one. They had to use a tremendous amount of debt and leverage(more than most) to buy the franchise. It's a shame that Artie Moreno was not around to buy the team from Fox. Moreno continues to show that he is one of the better owners in baseball. Not sure if the Angels will ever be the top dog in LA, but if this situation plays out in the way that the Times thinks it might, watch out. I'd love to see someone like a Mark Cuban buy the team. He does not meddle, but he does have a sport IQ and knows what is needed to build a good franchise. I hope these carpetbaggers sell the team asap and go back to running parking lots and screwing their help.

seeing that the angels aren't even in LA, i don't see how they could ever be 'top dog' in LA . . . unless they are moving.

this mccourt stuff is just BS. if they are as screwed as everyone seems to think, the dodgers will be sold; it is as simple as that. personally i am not worried, hell something good may come out of it. maybe the dodgers will be too broke to keep offering the all you can eat bleacher seats that seem to attract those fat naco cholo fucks (oops, forgot to also refer to them as pochos).

truth be told, LA will always be dodgertown . . . and there is nothing the angels can do about that.

#32 cesar

cesar

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

when are the Dodgers going to address the pitching issue? there's no fucken way we can compete with the Phillies. LA is a bigger market than that shit infested city. we have a bigger stadium. those 2 things should mean more revenue to spend. but i guess the McCourts like to just be NL West champions every year.

#33 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

come june/july we will have a better idea if frank mccourt will be selling the team.

just seems as if everything has been stalled until further notice.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#34 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

come june/july we will have a better idea if frank mccourt will be selling the team.

just seems as if everything has been stalled until further notice.

in the meantime, we lose another year. 22 and counting.....

#35 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

in the meantime, we lose another year. 22 and counting.....

which pisses me off. couple moves away to being able to make it to the world series this past season and they didn't pull the trigger.

i want nothing more than a Dodger championship. someday it will happen...
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#36 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:49 AM

Keep the Dodgers and their criminal Chivas fans on their side of the Orange Curtain.

Born and raised here in OC, you guys didn't see how big the Angels have gotten this decade like I have. You rarely see Yankee hats or Dodger hats like you did in the 90s. Everyone is wearing Angels caps here. Go to sports bars and the Lakers and Angels are kings. The area around Angel stadium is the spot to be these days during game day, even if you don't have a ticket to the game.

Arte Moreno is the 2nd best owner in sports after Jerry Buss. He understands his fans and listens to requests. The Angels were voted the best fan experience by ESPN for 2009 when factoring in just about everything from A-Z. The McCourts are baseball's equivalent of Donald Sterling. I remember when he bought the team and hearing about how he got rich off parking lots, I was happy. Anybody who charges people to park doesn't understand his customers. He never came in and lowered ticket prices or concession prices like Arte. McCourt was out of touch with reality. Who the hell comes in and gets rid of the names on jerseys? Who the hell raises parking prices? Who the hell raises pavillion prices during a recession?

Please let this divorce battle go on for at least 3 years...

#37 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

I don't recall the Dodgers becoming the Anaheim Dodgers of Los Angeles
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#38 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

I don't recall the Dodgers becoming the Anaheim Dodgers of Los Angeles

Neither do I, where are you going with this? Is it another one of you lame LA people's attempt at making fun of the Angels name? JAJAJA so fucken funny. Get over it, its over 5 years old now. Come up with something new

#39 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

Rory Markas passed away. He was my favorite announcer and the Angels are going to miss him. Him and Gubicza were an awesome pair and didn't hold my hand like Physioc and Hudler. It's a real shame he died, especially after the fact that Hudler and Physioc were basically fired. Whoever they replace I hardly doubt can do a recap like Rory did. "Hee'ree'ss the 1-1 pIIITCH! Juuust a bit outside" "Lit up the Halo; just another Halo vicotry"

#40 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

He was honored before the first puck drop at the Ducks game tonight.
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#41 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Big Mac admits to Steroids.
Yet another blemish on "America's past time".
Its all so very enjoyable

#42 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Surprise surprise...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#43 impatient_ingrate

impatient_ingrate

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Now that we have Russ Ortiz the World Series is all but confirmed.

#44 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Omg, did you guys hear about McGwire? I know it's going to be hard to believe, but he actually did steroids. I wish there was evidence suggesting he did otherwise I think he had us all thrown off

#45 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

Mark blames the era and his lawyers for taking the juice and not saying the truth earlier. What a bitch! i hope he doesnt get in the Hall along with all those cheaters. Charlie Hustle deserves it more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users