66 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Police tried to arrest him. He fought them off.
He was tased, but also fought that off.
He had a knife, unless you think the police were
yelling Drop The Knife for their health.
The knife was recovered where he dropped it.
He was trying to get to the car to flee.
He had a warrant for raping a 15-year-old.
But, none of this matters.
Headlines said Unarmed BM shot in back by W police.
That is enough to trigger riots, not protests.

Can't wait to see the video footage from the officers' bodycams that will fully back this narrative.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Can't wait to see the video footage from the officers' bodycams that will fully back this narrative.

Kenosha doesn't have bodycams.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Kenosha doesn't have bodycams.

I'm aware. Very convenient.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Peaceful protests for racial inequality when one occurs is a good thing, it helps to bring awareness.

But riots, games cancellations, and BS media propaganda when armed pedophile gets shot resisting arrest, just because that guy happens to be black makes no sense. Are people really brainwashed to that extent?

We all agree on the riots.  As for game POSTPONEMENTS, If players want to use their platform bring awareness to a matter that's important to them, I think that's ok.

As you're talking about BS media propaganda, the pedophile aspect of Jacob Blake's arrest for third-degree sexual assault, is based on a false graphic that was being shared of Rhode Island's definition of third-degree sexual assault, NOT Wisconsin's.  Wisconsin's definition doesn't mention age.  I am not defending him nor am I saying I know the age of his alleged victim.  But, you were concerned about "BS media propaganda" and painting him as a pedophile based on a law from a different state he wasn't charged with seems to fit the definition.

https://www.reuters....r-idUSKBN25N2ZO

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Sorry, my sarcasm detection is weak right now.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

We all agree on the riots.  As for game POSTPONEMENTS, If players want to use their platform bring awareness to a matter that's important to them, I think that's ok.

As you're talking about BS media propaganda, the pedophile aspect of Jacob Blake's arrest for third-degree sexual assault, is based on a false graphic that was being shared of Rhode Island's definition of third-degree sexual assault, NOT Wisconsin's.  Wisconsin's definition doesn't mention age.  I am not defending him nor am I saying I know the age of his alleged victim.  But, you were concerned about "BS media propaganda" and painting him as a pedophile based on a law from a different state he wasn't charged with seems to fit the definition.

I stand corrected on pedophile. Plus I understand this was not a proven charge either. However, replace pedophile with armed alleged sex offender with active arrest warrant against him resisting arrest, and the point still stands. This does not look like racial injustice, but a standard procedure when someone armed resisting arrest. At the very least a lot more info needs to be discovered to prove otherwise, yet here we are watching riots instead of games.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Not really the point. I dont think any of the players were saying he shouldnt have been arrested or that hes Dad of the Year, just that he deserved due process and not to get shot in the back 7 times.

Agreed he deserved a due process, but this is an absolute spin. He was shot for being armed and resisting arrest, not for the crimes he was charged with. Why does everything have to be politicized?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Agreed he deserved a due process, but this is an absolute spin. He was shot for being armed and resisting arrest, not for the crimes he was charged with. Why does everything have to be politicized?

The point isnt what crime he was killed for.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

The point isnt what crime he was killed for.

Another BS spin. He wasn't shot (not killed) for any crime but for making officers think he could harm them by having a weapon and resisting arrest, then reaching into his car, where they couldn't see his hands and he could have had more weapons. It's really not that hard to grasp, no spin needed if you are impartial of course.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I stand corrected on pedophile. Plus I understand this was not a proven charge either. However, replace pedophile with armed alleged sex offender with active arrest warrant against him resisting arrest, and the point still stands. This does not look like racial injustice, but a standard procedure when someone armed resisting arrest. At the very least a lot more info needs to be discovered to prove otherwise, yet here we are watching riots instead of games.

The Baltimore Ravens (without a shred of evidence) are claiming the shooting was "racial discrimination".

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Financial reasons were given.
https://www.kenoshan...43fb513750.html
There may be dash cam video.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

So he is just a garden variety rapist with a domestic violence enhancement.
https://wcca.wicourt...=0&mode=details

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I have a hard time beieveing Dax is such a sheep.

Has Dax previously spoke out on social issues?
This does not seem the place to begin.

I wonder if maybe Dax was being honest and thoughtful and only seems like hes virtue signaling because he IS morally superior to a lot people.

Yeah, that must be it.

Why did he use a nightstick when he could have shot the guy in the back instead?

Guy did not run away. Officer had the stick in hand.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

So he is just a garden variety rapist with a domestic violence enhancement.
https://wcca.wicourt...=0&mode=details

Rapist or pedophile, this does not change the point that the guy seems like a violent criminal on the run, who resisted arrest, was armed, and got shot in the back when cops were threatened of a weapon when he turned inside his car. 

The narrative that "he is not father of the year, but deserves justice, not shot in the back 7 times due to skin color" that's being pushed by the media is a political sound bite, that people have swallowed, and is just simply not reasonable. I just feel that some people are mislead by the media, and some want to believe this because it is popular and fits their political views, not because racial injustice has actually occurred.

I get it, it's hard to be impartial as there is a lot of brainwashing going on over many years, day in and day out, and ultimately people get desensitized and are not able to filter out the bullshit even if they actually try. I feel like the players have the best intent sitting out games, protesting for equality, but this case, at least based on what we know now, just doesn't qualify.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Has Dax previously spoke out on social issues?

Has he ever Virtue Signaled before?

This does not seem the place to begin.

And yet, this is where Dax chose to start. Ill believe him, you can believe its when Dax began being a big fat phony.

Guy did not run away. Officer had the stick in hand.

So he was prepared with a tool that could disarm, yet not kill... I wonder if that could be implemented elsewhere...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users