54 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Currently watching him break ankles on the USL highlights and volley 30 yard crosses into the back of the net. He's raw, but seems like he has a ton of talent. 17 years old.

Worth a loan during the gold cup?

#RedBullOut

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

You can't loan him.  Only way for him to play with the  senior team is a MLS contract, but yes, he should have a HG contract.   Wants to go to college though, it seems.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

He signed with UVa. Of course, Miazga signed with Michigan...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Gonna require a lot more than a standard Homegrown contract to land him.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Gonna require a lot more than a standard Homegrown contract to land him.

Is he in contention for a GA contract, or has that program been scrapped?

#RedBullOut

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Is he in contention for a GA contract, or has that program been scrapped?

All but scrapped and it's mainly saved for college dudes anyway. There was some chatter on twitter last night that the club hasn't offered him a Homegrown deal yet, which is absurd if they haven't. This whole time I thought it was that he turned them down, but if they haven't given him a solid offer, then... yikes.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Currently watching him break ankles on the USL highlights and volley 30 yard crosses into the back of the net. He's raw, but seems like he has a ton of talent. 17 years old.

Worth a loan during the gold cup?

Sounds like somebody with a lot of balls and skills to top it off. Our current players can't shoot for shit it seems.  Aside from Grella earlier goal this year.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

they should offer him a contract. the kid can clearly play. the point in signing him is to control his rights. if he improves his defensive side of the game then he would be a better option then grella on the wing. 

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

they should offer him a contract. the kid can clearly play. the point in signing him is to control his rights. if he improves his defensive side of the game then he would be a better option then grella on the wing. 

he's great on defense. half of NYRB II's offensive opportunities come because he stripped the ball from a defender. 

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

he's great on defense. half of NYRB II's offensive opportunities come because he stripped the ball from a defender. 

I'm a fan of Etienne and he absolutely should get a contract if he wants one/willing to sign.  However let's not pretend the USL is remotely comparable/transferrable  to MLS.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

I'm a fan of Etienne and he absolutely should get a contract if he wants one/willing to sign.  However let's not pretend the USL is remotely comparable/transferrable  to MLS.

except he's an 18 year old who is experiencing matches at a professional level for the first time (outside of a few sporadic reserve match last year when he looked pretty good) and he's not just contributing, but taking over games. 

ALL ABOARD THE ETIENNE HYPE TRAIN. CHOO MOTHERFUCKING CHOO

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

except he's an 18 year old who is experiencing matches at a professional level for the first time (outside of a few sporadic reserve match last year when he looked pretty good) and he's not just contributing, but taking over games. 

ALL ABOARD THE ETIENNE HYPE TRAIN. CHOO MOTHERFUCKING CHOO

Not saying they are the same (because I like Etienne more long term) but isnt Abang in the same situation in terms of his USL performances?  That being said the team need to sign him ASAP, similar to the Tyler Adams situation where he is signed to USL this season and joins the first team next season.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC
Personally I'd rate Etienne above Abang. Takes development, but he could be useful off the bench even now.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Not saying they are the same (because I like Etienne more long term) but isnt Abang in the same situation in terms of his USL performances?  That being said the team need to sign him ASAP, similar to the Tyler Adams situation where he is signed to USL this season and joins the first team next season.

I'd argue that Etienne has looked better than Abang. Granted, Abang hasn't played as much with the USL team, so it's hard to make that judgment, but whatever.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I'd argue that Etienne has looked better than Abang. Granted, Abang hasn't played as much with the USL team, so it's hard to make that judgment, but whatever.

Fair enough.  I was more impressed with Etienne''s skill set than Abang's watching them both.  However, physically position/skill set wise I know where Abang will end up, Etienne has the skills of an inverted winger, but athletically would fit in more in the center of the park.  Sometimes these tweener guys never find a position and it hurts their growth.  Hoping that never becomes an issue for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users