JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

explain thousands of protesters not getting sick

Perhaps politics? Researchers are not asking people if they attended protests.
https://www.thecity....ars-of-new-wave

Florida ... case load is at 1.5% of state population.

At 10,000 cases per day, will be 2% in a week.
https://www.wfla.com...spitalizations/

Other states ... aren't seeing increases

6 of 50, including NJ & NY, who have had enough.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

But then how can you explain thousands of protesters not getting sick?.

They are outside with a portion wearing masks?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Nah dude but Grelladinho and the reality star who advised us to drink bleach say it's okay so we're good.

So this is your response to the numbers I posted? Lol

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So this is your response to the numbers I posted? Lol

What argument are you making that is supported by those numbers?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

MLB players have shown they aren't responsible enough to behave.

There will be fans who won't be responsible enough to behave. Teams don't want the headache of being responsible for a huge outbreak like that soccer game in Italy was a big root of an outbreak.

The bigger factor is that opening these buildings up and staffing and having to pay for all the extra precautions also isn't worth it for them financially if they can only fill 25%-50% of these buildings as well.

I don't think that game in Italy is a relevant comparison to where the world is at now. Obviously any fans returning to stadiums now wouldn't do so in that capacity or manner, so why even bring it up?

People have been eating at restaurants outdoors across America and there has been no spike linked to that. People have been congregating in parks, in backyards, at protests, on beaches... no spike.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

People have been eating at restaurants outdoors across America and there has been no spike linked to that. People have been congregating in parks, in backyards, at protests, on beaches... no spike.

What?
https://www.usatoday...ord/5442350002/

https://www.theadver...ime/5551357002/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Not having fans is a total fail for sports leagues and makes them all look small-time. They should at least be having conversations with states to permit people into the buildings or stadiums. There's no reason they couldn't spread parties out at an arena and get creative with the concourses.

The BLM protesters proved covid can't really spread much outdoors, so to keep acting like fans can't go to games out of fear of catching it is asinine.

An Atalanta game was proven to be a superspreader event in Italy. Not saying there can't be a middle ground solution (10% attendance? 20%? Distancing between individual fans? Mandatory masks?) but leagues taking it safe, especially early on, is perfectly understandable.

"Makes them look small-time"? Absolutely delusional take.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

An Atalanta game was proven to be a superspreader event in Italy. Not saying there can't be a middle ground solution (10% attendance? 20%? Distancing between individual fans? Mandatory masks?) but leagues taking it safe, especially early on, is perfectly understandable.

"Makes them look small-time"? Absolutely delusional take.

It does look small time.

The NHL restarted today with their playoffs and it was nothing like the rabid atmosphere it usually is in normal times. It felt like a preseason game.

I think at this point leagues can make safe decisions to bring fan to stadiums.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

It does look small time.

The NHL restarted today with their playoffs and it was nothing like the rabid atmosphere it usually is in normal times. It felt like a preseason game.

I think at this point leagues can make safe decisions to bring fan to stadiums.

I mean if you expected loud and rabid atmosphere ...in the absence of crowds... that's on you. Admittedly not an NHL fan here, but I did see there was a fight in the first 5 minutes? Sure doesn't sound like preseason to me.

I watch games for the performances, not for the fans, but YMMV of course.

And again, from the leagues' perspective the gain in crowd atmosphere and income clearly doesn't beat the risk of spreading covid, which could naturally result in canceling seasons and the loss of TV money as well.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

It does look small time.

Small time like the EPL and NBA and MLB and just about every other major sports league!

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

I mean if you expected loud and rabid atmosphere ...in the absence of crowds... that's on you. Admittedly not an NHL fan here, but I did see there was a fight in the first 5 minutes? Sure doesn't sound like preseason to me.

I watch games for the performances, not for the fans, but YMMV of course.

And again, from the leagues' perspective the gain in crowd atmosphere and income clearly doesn't beat the risk of spreading covid, which could naturally result in canceling seasons and the loss of TV money as well.

How would fans attending make a league potentially cancel their season? What happens in the stands has no effect on what happens on the field.

I wasn't expecting rabid noise with the NHL, but what they had today...to call it the playoffs and award a Stanley Cup at the end it feels like an absolute farce. It's anything but the intensity of the playoffs.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Small time like the EPL and NBA and MLB and just about every other major sports league!

Yep. No fans cheapens the product immensely.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Yep. No fans cheapens the product immensely.

Yeah, which is why the Belarusian league is now the most popular in the world. Come on.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

How would fans attending make a league potentially cancel their season? What happens in the stands has no effect on what happens on the field.

I wasn't expecting rabid noise with the NHL, but what they had today...to call it the playoffs and award a Stanley Cup at the end it feels like an absolute farce. It's anything but the intensity of the playoffs.

They wouldn't be able to have the games without a bubble. The MLB and USL are proving it doesn't work.

As to the games themselves they have looked and been played with the same intensity as normal playoff games. If you can't see that then that's on you.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Yeah, which is why the Belarusian league is now the most popular in the world. Come on.

Who suggested that? You're rambling here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users