hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

So.......

We are in 6th place in MLS with 36 points (damn why couldn't we beat Montreal) and 5th in PPG. DC is 1st with 44 points and we play them obviously this month.

This conversation for RBNY's contention for their 2nd Supporter's Shield has officially started.

As a bonus though, we are 2nd in the league in road goal differential which is good.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

So.......

We are in 6th place in MLS with 36 points (damn why couldn't we beat Montreal) and 5th in PPG. DC is 1st with 44 points and we play them obviously this month.

This conversation for RBNY's contention for their 2nd Supporter's Shield has officially started.

As a bonus though, we are 2nd in the league in road goal differential which is good.

This is one of the things I like most about Marsch, he doesn't mess around on the road. He doesn't bunker down and hope for a point, he has the guys go out there with the same intensity that they would at RBA. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

This is one of the things I like most about Marsch, he doesn't mess around on the road. He doesn't bunker down and hope for a point, he has the guys go out there with the same intensity that they would at RBA. 

Agreed, I hated seeing teams past play road games as if they were at Stamford Bridge or the Nou Camp. This is MLS...go for it.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Yes, I enjoy that we play to win.

Last time we had this conversation...

https://www.youtube....h?v=HKkrjgoCROM

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we are also 5th in PPG. We're 2nd (I think) in terms of Goals allowed at home. honestly, i don't think we win the Shield, DC's too far out in front, imo. and SKC has 1 less game played, but are ahead of us on points.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

arent there ccl births now for the top two non cup winners now? could be a target

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

hoping DC has a Seattle 2013 meltdown starting soon.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

More like SKC if we go for shield. If we win the match VS. DC later this month - assuming both us and DC wins everyone before that, we are 5 points behind with 3 games in hand very manageable. 

Eastern Conference champs is a very real possibility, shield - though possible - is a bit of a stretch

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

We still play Chicago three times. They are dead last in the East.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

arent there ccl births now for the top two non cup winners now? could be a target

Not exactly.

As I understand, it's MLS Cup champ, US Open Cup champ, Shield winner. Then it's the regular-season champ of the other conference that didn't take the Shield, even if there are better teams ahead of them in the Shield standings.

Now if a Canadian team wins any of those (other than the US Open Cup, obviously), the berth then goes to the next-best team in the Shield standings.

So, barring the Red Bulls winning MLS Cup, them catching DC seems their most likely way to CCL. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Playing Chicago 3 times should be helpful, but we've already lost to Pholly twice and tied Colorado at home. So...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

Playing Chicago 3 times should be helpful, but we've already lost to Pholly twice and tied Colorado at home. So...

lost pts to them, plus not getting a result against VAN at home with those PK misses.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

tmoney2628

tmoney2628

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Juventus

Let's not forget the crazy games in hand we have on everyone. Beating DC on the 30th plus winning some of the games in hand could launch us ahead of them.

eagle92

eagle92

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

The game against DC is essentially a 6 point game...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

SKC has games in hand also, and they have more points than us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users