421 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,632 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I feel like it was on MLS Extratime, either right after the TFC series or in the preseason show. Ill have to re-listen to a few shows and post a link to the specific episode.

Dont go to that much trouble. I thought perhaps it was years ago.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Can someone dig up the Petke TFC rant if you're going through the time capsule?

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Theres not another MLS striker Id take over him. Hes just about my favorite Metro of all time. That said, hes missed a decent amount of important chances in big games now. If he had hit the one in Montreal or Toronto or at Chivas, maybe you could overlook some of misses. But, down a goal, in a big game, BWP hasnt made the most of his opportunities.

People that point this out dont have had turned on him. These misses are just facts. I feel most bad for Brad becaus I know how much he wants to score those goals, not just for himself, but for the fanbase.

What I meant was:

• BWP is the reason we're in the CCL semi-finals
  • BWP's miss the other night did not eliminate us by any means

Fair enough, BWP has had some critical misses for us in the past. He also could have missed a half dozen sitters last game and he would still be having a better tournament than any of our other players (on offense). And the series is only half over. :)

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

What I meant was:

• BWP is the reason we're in the CCL semi-finals
  • BWP's miss the other night did not eliminate us by any means
Fair enough, BWP has had some critical misses for us in the past. He also could have missed a half dozen sitters last game and he would still be having a better tournament than any of our other players (on offense). And the series is only half over. :)
Agreed.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

I feel like it was on MLS Extratime, either right after the TFC series or in the preseason show. Ill have to re-listen to a few shows and post a link to the specific episode.

Dont go to that much trouble. I thought perhaps it was years ago.

I didnt go back and listen to older eps to try and find when Doyle gave his opinion in BWP in big games, but in the most recent episode of MLS Extratime, the two hosts (Doyle wasnt on) reference how the Armchair Analyst questions BWP as a big game player. Bobby Warshaw then argues that Doyles opinion wrong. They talk about it in the second segment, they talk about TFC v America and then Chivas v Red Bull.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Metro..."

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Hard to blame him for a stupid tactical decision though. 

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
Missing AGAIN in a big game... but last night Marsch had him playing out of position...

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Missing AGAIN in a big game... but last night Marsch had him playing out of position...

Whats the likelihood Marsch played BWP out of position because he didnt think BWP could get it done in a game like this? Probably not the case, but I cant think of another explanation.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,516 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If that's the case then you fire his ass today... Also that proves he's gutless and a big pussy..

But I'm sure its not personal or anything...

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

BWP sometimes (I say sometimes because we were only in this position due to him delivering in earlier rounds of the tournament) failing to deliver when it counts does not really weaken his claim for greatest Metro of all-time because there is no other player in team history who delivered when it counts.  You can't say his inability to do one thing, something never done by any player in team history, does not make him the teams greatest player.  The team simply has to have a greatest player, regardless of whether none of those players have delivered a trophy.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Dude was dropping back and playing #10 for some reason unless he was doing his best Henry impression and doing that on his own this game wasn't his fault.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

90 league goals!  Pretty sure he will cruise to 100 this season.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

90 league goals!  Pretty sure he will cruise to 100 this season.

He'd be only the second player in the 100 goal club (10 current members) to only play for one MLS team.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

94 goals.

Build the statue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users