1883 replies to this topic

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Marsch's system isn't great against bunkering teams.  You need players that can give you that pass, that shot.  By not playing Kaku more, Marsch may have left that pass on the bench.  By playing BWP as a CAM, Marsch may have taken that shot off the foot of one of MLS's all-time best strikers.

This.  Period.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Bruce Arena in his new book, Michael Bradley after the USMNT game at RBA, blowhards in Seattle and Columbus who think that all WC qualifiers should be played as far from Hispanics as possible.

This is a whole different discussion but WCQ games should absolutely be played in the stadiums that give us the best home field advantage....I'm not even sure how that concept is a debate. 

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • Supports:Metro

if you've got a scale on why we lost, with Marsch's decisions on one side and the player's execution on the other, for me it still swings heavily towards execution.

I would absolutely completely 100% be with you if this were the first or second time this ever happened. Weve had different personnel every year with the same results. Players need to convert but its not JUST the players.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

This is a whole different discussion but WCQ games should absolutely be played in the stadiums that give us the best home field advantage....I'm not even sure how that concept is a debate. 

This discussion should be in another thread but you could also make the argument that playing nothing but away games in qualifying prepares you for (in essence) playing all of your World Cup games away...that is...if you MAKE th cup :(

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Can I just say that I am very happy that we havent started to spin the All these brown people in the stadium is why we lost narrative. Fuck Bruce Arena and Michael Bradley.

For all the fans they had, they werent a wall of noise

And the ESC isnt AO

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

For all the fans they had, they werent a wall of noise

And the ESC isnt AO

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Toronto falls asleep on a first minute throw in and Chivas score, ha ha

Osorio ties it up on a pass from Jozy 1:1

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i don't really hear much from the TFC fans. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Metro..."

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
2-1 Goats

Nice FK, but the keepers gonna want that back

CrazyG

CrazyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Soccer, Soccer, Soccer, Soccer, Soccer, oh and football too. But most spell it Futebol and Americans call it Soccer.
  • Supports:NJ Metros FC, Sporting CP, Man Utd

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about our result!

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about our result!

Everyone loved talking about what a shitty team Chivas was...until tonight.

Chivas knew who we were and knew exactly how to gameplan against us. The fact that it looked ugly is immaterial.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I don't really hear much from the RBNY fans that insisted Chivas is a bad team and that Marsch should be fired for not beating them

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I don't really hear much from the RBNY fans that insisted Chivas is a bad team and that Marsch should be fired for not beating them

Nice strawman. Literally one guy said he wanted Marsch fired after the Chivas loss.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Chivas is a horrible Team and was ripe for the picking for RedBull, or any MLS team for that matter, to beat to be in the regional Champions League Finals. The fact that we could not score, at least 1 goal over a 2 game series, speaks to the mistakes that Jesse Marsch choose to make in the series.

Chivas was lucky tonight! Toronto went toe-to-toe against the top teams in Liga MX (Tigres and America). Chivas is 3rd from the bottom in Liga MX table with less than 1 goal scored per game in league competition.

These fuckers, were absolutely lucky tonight. Alan Pulido, whom has been a bust since coming back to Liga MX, scored on a fluke free-kick (yes, Bono is to blame for not being positioned right). But that TFC lost tonight, does not justify the fact that Marsch put our Team in the wrong position to make it thru and be competing tonight against Toronto instead of Chivas.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I doubt Herc Gomez will call Toronto soft like he did for us.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users