Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

From saturday's game. team spent an hr looking like this on the field...the 4-2-2-2

from FernandoIROC.

Da4GR2qVwAAmDkb.jpg

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Metro..."

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,632 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

From saturday's game ... the 4-2-2-2
Da4GR2qVwAAmDkb.jpg

Is Adams hiding behind Davis?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
I'm not gonna lie Adams is a shoe in starter especially when he's in form... He for sure has to play at CM.. But i think Valot would be better at CM then out wide i feel like he doesn't press as much... Maybe have him as CAM.. But I'd like to see him at CM.. I think him and Adams are the best options there.. Davis has done well and Imo its his spot right now. But I'd still like to see Valot there..

And this has been Muyl best season hope he starts next match out wide... I also hope if NY get up two goals that maybe Mines comes in at winger, same for Etienne.. They'll be needed as wingers for league matches cuz i hope Marsch take USOC serious.

And Rivas should be spelling BWP...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

From saturday's game. team spent an hr looking like this on the field...the 4-2-2-2

from FernandoIROC.

Da4GR2qVwAAmDkb.jpg

i think that's fine if a team parks the bus against NYRB

But when they are attacking NY.. NYRB should probably have.. Yea i am going to say this... Davis and Muyl should be on the wings pressing... And maybe have Royer and Kaku in the middle finding spaces for a. Give and go and finish the play with the two combining to shoot or feed BWP

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

And this has been Muyl best season hope he starts next match out wide...

Outside of the preseason and the Minnesota game, this might be Muyls worst season - he was pulled at halftime in the Tijuana match.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Outside of the preseason and the Minnesota game, this might be Muyls worst season - he was pulled at halftime in the Tijuana match.

I disagree.. He played his typical Muyl-esque level in CCL, but i never thought he was starter quality but, he's never had a game like he has weeks ago when he had a goal and assist...

And that assist to BWP

I don't think he ever should glimpse of any of that in any match before.. Idk about the training ground.. But that a little glimmer that I think is enough to keep going to him..

It's a long season.. BWP can't and shouldn't play every minute and neither should Kaku and Royer...

If before he was getting minutes why not now that he's had sparks of much higher quality plays

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,513 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If before he was getting minutes why not now that he's had sparks of much higher quality plays

Put me out there for 3,600 minutes and I'll probably play one impressive pass too.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I disagree.. He played his typical Muyl-esque level in CCL, but i never thought he was starter quality but, he's never had a game like he has weeks ago when he had a goal and assist...

And that assist to BWP

I don't think he ever should glimpse of any of that in any match before.. Idk about the training ground.. But that a little glimmer that I think is enough to keep going to him..

It's a long season.. BWP can't and shouldn't play every minute and neither should Kaku and Royer...

Muyl had a great match against Minnesota and I agree that pass was amazing.  I thought it was better than his goal, which is saying a lot because the goal was impressive.   But, he was pulled at the half against Tijuana because he was playing so poorly.  So he's had one great match, one match so bad he was yanked at half, and then some average performances.  If you want to play him based off of the Minny game, that's cool.  I just don't think you can say he's better this season because of one game.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts

simply put, Muyl has earned a place in the 18. my expectation going fwd is him playing in the early USOC rounds and in any non-rivalry game (DC/NYCFC). away to SJ or COL or some other small market WestConf team, he'll get the start. he is not going to be in the "Full Voltron XI". no fucking way. he'll still get plenty of run with this team, though. imo, Etienne has surpassed him in the pecking order cuz Etienne can play either wing, and it seems that he can do things up top in a 4-2-2-2. Muyl has shown in a pinch he can play R/LWB, or his customary spot at RM. 

we are eerily thin at outside back at the moment with both Duncan out indefinitely and Lade out. Who are the back ups, besides making Muyl into Zizzo 2.0? They're not gonna sign Kutler or DeVera from RB2, right? I mean, a sensible answer would be to move Tyler to RB for the interim. Doesn't seem that's on the table...even though it should, imo. 

"Metro..."

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
[quote name="Eleazar" post="1323895" timestamp="1523993295"]
he is not going to be in the "Full Voltron XI". no fucking way.

Can i quote you?

Uh, nevermind, i just did.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts

No worries. Only thing left to be concerned about is if Marsch pulls a JCO again. He has been dubbed..."Jesse-Oh"

knighthood_2.jpg

"Metro..."

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Muyl had a great match against Minnesota and I agree that pass was amazing.  I thought it was better than his goal, which is saying a lot because the goal was impressive.   But, he was pulled at the half against Tijuana because he was playing so poorly.  So he's had one great match, one match so bad he was yanked at half, and then some average performances.  If you want to play him based off of the Minny game, that's cool.  I just don't think you can say he's better this season because of one game.

I'm saying that's the first time i have ever been impressed by him.. And if the new additions don't start doing a better job of pressing like they did in CCL against Olimpia and he's started most of last season why not this season for now... Ideally i would think Rzat or Valot start or both as well as Kaku

But imo right now he's ahead of Etienne because he'll run his ass off and press.
Same for Davis

And Royer and Kaku are ahead of Rzatkowski and Valot

So i think they should be starting in a 4141

----------Bwp
----Davis-Kaku-Royer-muyl
-----------Adams
--Taxi--Parker-long--Murillo
---------Robles

And when Murillo away try him at RB

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,632 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

i hope Marsch take USOC serious.

No reason for him not to. Our run last year was wonderful, edging BoyCity 1-0, then beating Philly on PKs, the great win in Boston, and then there was Cincinatti ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts

advantage of being able to field anyone of 20 field players. technical staff did a decent job of stockpiling the roster to cover as many holes as possible. 

any word as to how long Lade's out? 

"Metro..."

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

advantage of being able to field anyone of 20 field players. technical staff did a decent job of stockpiling the roster to cover as many holes as possible. 

any word as to how long Lade's out? 

Ed Soliman posted a picture on Facebook RBDG of Lade in a walking boot from Saturday.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users