188 replies to this topic

jp917

jp917

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

if you assume that we'll go 5 in the back vs Chivas (Collin, Parker, Long),  then you'll probably want to sit Collin vs Orlando. Instead, I would do Parker/Long/Redding vs Orlando. Maybe Redding plays with a chip on his shoulder. 

Redding is playing terribly at the USL level and you want him to start this match?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,699 posts

if you assume that we'll go 5 in the back vs Chivas (Collin, Parker, Long),  then you'll probably want to sit Collin vs Orlando. Instead, I would do Parker/Long/Redding vs Orlando. Maybe Redding plays with a chip on his shoulder. 

Redding has been playing like he has a chip in his brain...no thanks.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
I hope we rest almost the entire starting XI for Chivas, we can still put out a sold team here.

Rivas
DE7 - Kaku - Mines
Adams(depending on USMNT time) Beze / Valot
Lade - Escobar/Collin/Redding - Duncan
Robles

Weak in CM and CB but I expect us to go 3 CBs at Chivas and we need Ratz, Davis and Adams all 100%

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Think we're babying the guys a bit, they're pro athletes at the start of the season they can play two games per week. Rest a few, sub a few out early, but I don't think we need to roll out the entire B-squad every time there's a midweek game.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,120 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I hope we rest almost the entire starting XI for Chivas, we can still put out a sold team here.

Rivas
DE7 - Kaku - Mines
Adams(depending on USMNT time) Beze / Valot
Lade - Escobar/Collin/Redding - Duncan
Robles

Weak in CM and CB but I expect us to go 3 CBs at Chivas and we need Ratz, Davis and Adams all 100%

Would hope Kaku is ready for Chivas an on the field, but can understand if Jesse plays it safe with him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
Murillo starting at RWB for Panama against Swiss. Escobar not in squad.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,549 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Escobar picked up a knock.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Think we're babying the guys a bit, they're pro athletes at the start of the season they can play two games per week. Rest a few, sub a few out early, but I don't think we need to roll out the entire B-squad every time there's a midweek game.

yeah we have these Champions League semi final mid week matches at altitude all the time so no problem.  Plus all the player on international duty will be fresh with all the travel + travel down/back to Chivas.

B squad 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

yeah we have these Champions League semi final mid week matches at altitude all the time so no problem.  Plus all the player on international duty will be fresh with all the travel + travel down/back to Chivas.
B squad 

I wouldnt mind most of the first teamers skipping the trip to Orlando entirely and going to Mexico early, to spend more time adjusting to the altitude.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,790 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fascinated to see how Jesse plays this out. Will he go mixed squads or go entirely different teams?

Curious to hear any quotes from practice to determine what his strategy is. I'd have to think a squad very similar to the Portland game. 

Portland Lineup: Robles, Lade, Collin, Escobar, Duncan, Bezecourt, Davis, Mines, Kaku, Etienne, Rivas. 

Very well could be the same team sans Escobar and perhaps even giving Meara a start in goal. Maybe even Bonomo gets a look here too.

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
Panama down 4-0 at halftime to Swiss, maybe Murillo wont be gone in the summer....

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Very well could be the same team sans Escobar and perhaps even giving Meara a start in goal. Maybe even Bonomo gets a look here too.

after the way the NY Giants bungled the Eli manning consecutive starts debacle this past year, no way that Marsch sits a healthy Robles. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

after the way the NY Giants bungled the Eli manning consecutive starts debacle this past year, no way that Marsch sits a healthy Robles. 

I agree that Robles probably plays this weekend against Orlando; I doubt it has anything to do Eli Manning or the Giants.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Nothing about babying. The squad is deep and if we give minutes to guys who arent our regular starters it will benefit us down the line.

This is the perfect storm of reasons to play our talented depth guys. Early in MLS season. Check. 2 games in one week. Check. Travel. Check. International fixtures. Check. Depth guys actually have the ability to pick up points. Check.

A ton of good reasons for heavy rotation. Do it now. It will pay dividends.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,790 posts

Perhaps the most critical element to Jesse's tenure in New York is that he overplayed his top guys and they ran out of gas at the end of the season. I'm all for rotation in March and April if it means better legs in October and more importantly November. 

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users