578 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The Harper situation is a weird one. Originally he was set to come in the summer, then they reportedly paid a fee 2-3 weeks ago and yet nothing from the team.

Wonder if they are waiting to see if something else resolves itself on the attacker front before they commit to bringing him in before the start of the season.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I really don't think ppl realize this isn't mls 2016 or even 2018 anymore - teams like fcc are out here getting really talented players.

As is with this roster we are not making the playoffs.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Agreed... I really don't see how this team wins much at all. Playing hard will always get you some wins, but you need talent, especially offensively.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Pretty sure Barlow would be an elite striker in that league. 

Let's not get carried away here

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I really don't think ppl realize this isn't mls 2016 or even 2018 anymore - teams like fcc are out here getting really talented players.

As is with this roster we are not making the playoffs.

I would bet the opposite. We've overhauled a significant number of players and brought in a new coach that I refuse to believe is equal or lesser than Armas. And as soon as Draft kings offers betting futures for RBNY to make the playoffs I'd be willing to put $$ on it

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I would bet the opposite. We've overhauled a significant number of players and brought in a new coach that I refuse to believe is equal or lesser than Armas. And as soon as Draft kings offers betting futures for RBNY to make the playoffs I'd be willing to put $$ on it

10/14 teams make the playoffs, frankly every team in the league can luck into a spot haha. If we finished anywhere between 3rd and 12th in the east i would not be surprised at all. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

With the current roster, I doubt that the team is good enough to host a playoff game. It's probably decent enough to get one of the lower seeds. Any real shot a trophy is via the Open Cup, if we're even admitted this yr, since they've cut the field down significantly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

With the current roster, I doubt that the team is good enough to host a playoff game. It's probably decent enough to get one of the lower seeds. Any real shot a trophy is via the Open Cup, if we're even admitted this yr, since they've cut the field down significantly. 

Without seeing Fabio, Edwards, Struber, improved Clark, Harper, I dont know.

But... I think we aren't that far from being a real good looking team with the depth you need to even get a supporters shield - 1-2 attacking improvements (1 at DP level) and an additional left back around Pendant's level. Add those and I like the roster a lot, at least on paper. 

Add in Camara and Estrela and I feel like the team is also making additions for the future as well. 

I don't buy the whole "crappiest roster ever" idea some peeps seem to have.  The roster turnover at a minimum makes me excited for the season to start - even if a shit show, at least will be distracting to figure out why!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Diego Valoyes CA Talleres in the Argie league, lots of potential, Boca Junior and Sao Paolo are interested..

His skill set and pace remind me of
Almiron
https://youtu.be/wvyy4GhYHcg

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Can Thelwell ask Marsch for Karim Adeyemi for at least a season?

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Thiago Almada, Agustín Urzi, Marcos Paulo, amazing talents...

Pedro de la Vega, who i have been watching for years and 19 having played since 17 or sixteen the kid is probably the most sure thing to do well in MLS yet has plenty of potential

Add to that Group Diego Valoyes..

If Metro can sign 3 or 4 of those guys i can see them contending for MLS Cup..

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Almada got into some sexual assault accusation in Argentina. His stock is probably at its all time low. 

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

Almada got into some sexual assault accusation in Argentina. His stock is probably at its all time low. 

Doesn't sound like the "right fit" for Thelwell's "no dickheads" club.

https://podcasts.app...i=1000476502252

~27 min

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
I keep hearing talk about caio alexandre coming to the Mls he is young Brazilian DM at Botafogo the hold up is he is dealing with a left leg knock nothing serious. I really hope the team is the red bulls because the kid is the playmaker we need

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I keep hearing talk about caio alexandre coming to the Mls he is young Brazilian DM at Botafogo the hold up is he is dealing with a left leg knock nothing serious. I really hope the team is the red bulls because the kid is the playmaker we need

If RBNY were interested in him Im guessing they wouldnt have brought in Diarra on loan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users