174 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i mean we signed a winger as our DP on loan for the year, but when we play the 4-3-1-2 we dont really have use for a winger.  It's brilliant 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

BTW, the 2nd goal was not on Murillo.

Tarek moves across to cover air, leaving a forward wide open at th top of the 6-yard box. With no one else back, Murillo appropriately ran to cover the wide open player standing right in front of goal.

Yes, he had to leave Morris unmarked but he had no choice.

Edit: If you get a chance to go back and watch the replay of that goal, Tareks defending is pathetic. Its actually laughable. Hes just running around aimlessly, never covering anyone. Pulling himself out of position, almost off the field.

Absolutely.  Some people loving Tarek just bewilders me too.  Parker has certainly regressed this year but there is no way I'd ever start Tarek over him.  Maybe Armas is getting suckered by Tarek looking intense and pointing/telling guys what to do around him but he's just not a good player.  If he got more minutes with how this team is playing now, he'd get exposed even more.  He's error prone and makes questionable decisions. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

- We've known we needed wide back depth for how long now? Buckmaster..... lol. 

- Kaku been the best player on the team all year.

- If CCJ is seriously hurt we are completely screwed.

- Not sure why people are questioning Parker not being in the XI. Tarek has played better than him all year IMO.

- BWP is......not BWP anymore. I can't believe I am saying this but we need Brian White get healthy.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Buckmaster has no business being in the MLS.

"Shut down defender", Chris Armas

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Congrats, Sean Davis. You're now in a 3-way tie for most own goals in team history.

http://www.metrofana...sts.jsp?TYPE=14

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

- If CCJ is seriously hurt we are completely screwed.

I like him but we have been screwed either way for quite some time now.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Congrats, Sean Davis ... tie for most own goals

It will be all his soon, if RB keep playing him.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
The window closed on this team last year. If they were going to win an MLS Cup, they needed to get it done under Marsch or last season. Arguably, everything broke their way during the regular season last year on the way to a record setting campaign. Armas made a grave error abandoning the system against Atlanta in the playoffs when Lawrence went down and killed their chances. Had he inserted Lade and followed the game plan they would have come out of game 1 fine, even with a narrow defeat. This year nothing has gone their way. Tyler gone. Lawrence and BWP hurt to start the season; poor out of the gate; Kaku drama; mental lapses; disastrous regression of Parker, Long, Davis and Murillo; no help from three transfer windows; aging of Robles; rushing Buckmaster, Duncan, Nealis; inconsistent development of Etienne; Long drama and; most egregiously, not starting CCJ every game since game 1. He needed to be handled the same way they handled Tyler after offloading Dax: the position is now yours, grow into it. Its a messy, lost season. In my opinion it should be followed with a rebuilding. I would build the future around Meara,Louro, Kemar, CCJ, White, Barlow, Stroud, and Muyl. Most importantly, this is the NY sports market. When you have the 23rd lowest payroll in a league of 24 you are telling your fans you dont expect to seriously compete. Why should they support you? Just my opinions.

joamiq

joamiq

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Spurs

No disagreement on the coaching, but Tyler WAS Superman, and the failure of the FO to realize that and adjust accordingly is a big part of the problem this season.

The entire team is obviously worse... Don't know how a few people can solely focus on talent when this is the same group (minus Tyler, who wasn't superman) that just broke a record for points.

I honestly think the only player who's as good as they have been is Royer.  Everyone else on the team is worse than they have been before and that's coaching.  

Problem also is that we aren't getting another Marsch so the talent definitely needs to be upgraded.  Things don't need to be blown up though, that's nuts.

Fortunately the team has been making me some money lately because betting against them is profitable.  The results earlier in the year were tricking people into thinking we weren't that bad but the expected goals and goals against painted a clearer picture.  Plus the damn eye test and that's probably the most valuable.

I have zero confidence in this team, we have a bad coach and as a fan of a bunch of teams with bad coaching, the stink is very familiar.  Same exact issues with inconsistent play and effort.  Players not playing their best.  The only one with an excuse is maybe BWP because of the age but I don't think he's this bad. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Congrats, Sean Davis. You're now in a 3-way tie for most own goals in team history.

http://www.metrofana...sts.jsp?TYPE=14

Interesting stat, we're 3 wins, 5 draws, 15 losses in matches where we've given up an own goal.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

we still would have lost but Morris first goal had a little hand assist with the redirection.  Couldn't see it on the other replays but this ground level behind the goal shows it helping redirect the ball.

1:25 mark of this video.  https://www.youtube....?v=wBmc9-CDUQo?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

first goal had a little hand assist with the redirection. 

From that video, I can see why VAR did not reverse.
There is not enough clear evidence of a touch.
Perhaps Super Slo-Mo would have shown it.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

From that video, I can see why VAR did not reverse.
There is not enough clear evidence of a touch.
Perhaps Super Slo-Mo would have shown it.

I see that it glanced the hand, but the hand didn't even slightly change the direction of the ball, it was all knee for that.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
MLS hasnt implemented the new laws of the game, they will next season.

Under the new laws, if it makes any contact with the hand, at all, no goal.

Didnt matter imo though.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

MLS hasnt implemented the new laws of the game, they will next season.

Under the new laws, if it makes any contact with the hand, at all, no goal.

Didnt matter imo though.

Huh? Pretty clear hand contact, so under new rules, it would be 100% disallowed.

Even under the current/old rules, I think it seems pretty intentional the way he turns his body/left his arm hanging. I thought it was weird to not even have the ref look at replay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users