17 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
As a 7 year STH who would love nothing more than a giant sinkhole to open up and swallow Barclays into the earth never to be seen again this is indeed a happy day. The Isles are back on Long Island where they belong. They are basically a second fave for me so I really want to give a shout out to Nittany Metros Greg who is THE hardcore Isles fan on this board.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Pick a teammm, pick a teammm, pick a teammm sabremike! Is it the Sabres? Is it the Isles? Is it the Devils sabremike?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Pick a teammm, pick a teammm, pick a teammm sabremike! Is it the Sabres? Is it the Isles? Is it the Devils sabremike?

To quote Mark Twain: "You are useless above ground, would be best if you were beneath it inspiring the cabbages".
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

As cool as it is to have NHL hockey a 25 minute walk from my home, I still find myself pretty happy about this. Barclays is such a disaster for hockey, and the new barn will still be a very short LIRR ride away.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
There are rumblings on the interweb that the team may just say fuck it and go straight to the Coliseum next season for 2 years while Belmont is being built. If they are they have to announce it by early next month because that's when the ST renewals are due.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Barclays is such a disaster for hockey.

I am still dumbfounded by the debacle.
https://www.google.c...ders-complaints
https://www.google.c...ders-1.13703926

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

102412_hipsters.jpg

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Refused to spend a dime on them at home since the move to Barclays.

Glad I can eventually start going to Isles home games again. Made the trip out to Uniondale 2-3 times a year from North Jersey for more than 30 years before the move to Brooklyn in addition to seeing them against the Devils at the Meadowlands or in Newark.

Hopefully the return home will finally bring "One for the Thumb", an achievement which is currently one of the top 3 on my bucket list.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Islanders belong on Long Island, even a Rangers fan like me can see that. I'm glad they got the arena, they deserve it way more than NYCFC, etc.

That said, I was conflicted by the announcement. Part of me was glad that a fan base that suffered through bad owners, bad arena situations & often bad team play for a long time finally got some good news. Fight though we may on the ice, there should be no joy in watching even a rival fan base get tortured , there is the good of the sport to think about (well, except the Penguins fans, they can get fucked).

But, the Metro fan in me kind of wanted NYCFC to get stuck at Belmont, if only to see half of their fan base riot and the other half twist itself into a pretzel to try to explain how they were still the "more NYC" team despite being further from Manhattan than RBA is. But, anyway, the right side won, and as a lifelong hockey fan it's good to see that bad situation work out well in the end. (now please lose every game okay thanks bye).

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Half the Isles games over the next 3 seasons to be played in Nassau:

https://www.lighthou...barclays-return

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
It will be bigger news, if they can somehow keep Tavares.
https://www.lighthou...opedia-volume-2

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
Generalisimo Garth, Dead Weight and the whole coaching staff were just fired. Lou doesn't fuck around!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

the whole coaching staff were just fired.

Unless he gets Tavares to sign a new contract, this is all deck chairs on the Titanic stuff.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

while Belmont is being built.

Will this go the way of Amazon in LIC?
https://nypost.com/2...ing-opposition/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

a 7 year STH ...
Nittany Metros Greg ...THE hardcore Isles fan on (MF)

Congrats on the sweep of the Pens! F Crosby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users