134 replies to this topic

#61 Sandinista

Sandinista

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

It will be a travesty if MLS disciplines Blanco for something he did in a non-MLS game. USSF should discipline all three players involved.
As for the alleged head-butt, while I suspect that it was the sort of head-butt that happens when two people have a heated argument toe-to-toe, anyone dumb enough to get into the face of a player who has just been ejected for fighting deserves the ol' Glasgow kiss.
We'll see Tommy Soehn and his cast of whiny little bitches next month, and at a real football ground, not some cockamamie "soccerplex" in Nowheresville, State of Whogivesadamn.
Then we'll see what Marc Bitch is really made of.
His mama makes a mean omelet.

you are my new favorite forummer

#62 OCCUPANT

OCCUPANT

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Supports:CHICAGO FIRE

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

“This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Major League Soccer, LLC”

When I go to the youtube link, this is what it says in the red banner on top. My question is, if it's not an MLS match, then why would they have a claim? It can't be just because the teams are MLS, because there's loads of MLS clips on youtube. Maybe the claim is just a generic sort of "we don't like that, take it off. Bad press..." sort of thing. Then again they didn't take off the Beckham fights, so that leads me to think it's gonna get bad. They better not throw the book at Blanco and not let anyone see the footage. Who do they think they are, the Federal government?

#63 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

Of course they took it down. What would they have to gain from letting it slide? As far as rights go, I would venture that MLS LLC has final say over ANY of it's teams/logos/etc being rebroadcast without permision no matter the tournament.

I really wouldn't fret over Blanco's fate. He got a red card. There may be a fine if some of the red card aftermath rumors are true, but no big deal.

He'll be available to play on Saturday.....without a doubt.

What the hell is up with this board any way? This post totally needs some bolds/italics/smileys/etc.
www.theredcardna.org

#64 Sandinista

Sandinista

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

What the hell is up with this board any way? This post totally needs some bolds/italics/smileys/etc.

tell them to fix this shit

#65 SINema (TRS)

SINema (TRS)

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Of course they took it down. What would they have to gain from letting it slide? As far as rights go, I would venture that MLS LLC has final say over ANY of it's teams/logos/etc being rebroadcast without permision no matter the tournament.

I really wouldn't fret over Blanco's fate. He got a red card. There may be a fine if some of the red card aftermath rumors are true, but no big deal.

He'll be available to play on Saturday.....without a doubt.

:

;) winking smiley face.

#66 Chicano Fire

Chicano Fire

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Supports:Club America and Chicago Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

IMO, the problem lies between: captain not keeping his cool versus a captain getting fired up and saying enough fouling (similar to when jordan would get in other players face for fouling Pippen..(and got ejected)..or when Antonio Davis fought against the person how pushed Hinrich and get ejected) only difference being that in soccer you cant replace ejections. In all, not ideal for Blanco and the FIRE. However, I understand there is point where keeping your cool is not possible.

However, if DC or USSF want to make a big deal about it, I hope Blanco or the FIRE send footage of their own. FAIR PLAY is a major emphasis in all of soccer---and the tactic fouling hard and intentionally is not fair play. Strategy is one thing when its "play him physically" ......not being fair play is "foul his ass"

In all, a tape should be sent showing DC's and other's lack of fair play

Obviously I'm a long time Blanco and FIRE fan.....but i think the above is a reasonable thought

#67 penguinopph

penguinopph

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • Supports:CF97, Man U, Ajax, Bayern Munchen

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

I've fallen off the face of the earth this week, I've been wedging a weeks of work into 3 days this week. I don't think it will be a big deal in the long run, and we'll be laughing about it come the close season, but that's jsut the feel I've gotten in the last 20 minutes, ;)

#68 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

I think I got red carded at a bar in NYC once...

#69 FIRExNECK

FIRExNECK

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, West Ham

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'm with you on this one Shane.......completely lost. Whatever, Blanco is a hot head, but a great player. I'm glad he is part of our club. Not surprised this happened, if it was someone like King or Rolfe then I would be for sure (I would also find it hilarious)!

.::ANTIFA CHICAGO::.
.::ULTRAS :: RED :: SIDE::.
.::They call me Jesse White in Canada::.

#70 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hopefully Ben Olsen's ankle hurts too.

That's okay, Dr. Quaranta can hook him up with some "medicine."

#71 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, I can't see anything besides a fine. I mean, Blanco got his red card in a non-MLS match, so by suspending him from MLS matches, they know that they are effectively saying "stay home those who we wish to attract." Not to say he wouldn't or couldn't get a ban or suspesion, but it would have to be in a match that the league has control over, otherwise it would be bending the rules and regs to punish him. If that were to happen, it would look like it is player-specific, and combined with Marc Biotch's comments about Blanco "getting away" with stuff because of *his* race (not the race of the fans), the Mexican/Latin press would be all over Burch, DCU, and MLS. In other words, MLS would be excusing blatantly bigoted remarks.
PS: as an aside, if Mr Burch did misspeak, and meant to insult the fans, I think it is not any less offensive, but potentially more, for what he is saying is essentially "Mexican fans ruin the game." Again, he isn't being the sharpest knife in the block. In any event, his 15 minutes will be over soon.

#72 KineticSolution

KineticSolution

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:Fire, GNAA, Your Mom, USA

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:06 AM

Burch is a classless fuck. Apparently it's ok to rough up Blanco during the game but when Blanco defends himself, you cry and then make subtle comments along the race line. Way to be classy, you fuck.

#73 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

I think I got red carded at a bar in NYC once...

Stool thrower! What're ya, a monkey?!

#74 m311ton

m311ton

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Burch is a classless fuck. Apparently it's ok to rough up Blanco during the game but when Blanco defends himself, you cry and then make subtle comments along the race line. Way to be classy, you fuck.

Amen. Couldn't have said it any better.

one word: LEGEND

Is anyone else glad Blanco did this? I mean those United pricks had every bit of this coming. Yeah, I'm sad that we have this big mess and that Blanco's reputation will be tarnished a bit in the public eye. But to see our boy go on a rampage against the team everybody hates (lets face it, does anyone in the MLS actually like DC United?) is somewhat satisfying. Call it a guilty pleasure maybe, but when I read what Blanco supposedly did, I can't help but smile.

Therefore I second your LEGEND

#75 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

http://www.chicagotr...0,2478111.story
www.theredcardna.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic