• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://articles.nj...._with_inves.amp

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
What a tool bag, hope he gets jail time. Fuck him.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

What a tool bag, hope he gets jail time. Fuck him.

Said he owes millions in gambling debts. He might be better off in prison.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Dude is a talented radio entertainer.  Was amazed at how he went from the Jersey Guys on 101.5 talking NJ Politics to doing sports with Boomer. That show did really well and he clearly has his demons.  Not shocking that he'd get involved with stuff like that.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I don't know what put a bigger smile on my face, this or the baby blue team having to play in Hartford?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Dude is a talented radio entertainer.  Was amazed at how he went from the Jersey Guys on 101.5 talking NJ Politics to doing sports with Boomer. That show did really well and he clearly has his demons.  Not shocking that he'd get involved with stuff like that.

Talented is a strong word for Carton.  Stern is talented.  Carton always seemed like an unfunny hack to me.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Talented is a strong word for Carton.  Stern is talented.  Carton always seemed like an unfunny hack to me.

Yeah, I don't like him but he was successful with the Jersey guys and successful with Boomer.  Basically didn't know much about either topic either.  I don't like him at all, but he made it work.

Only sad part about this is that Carton goofing on Francesa is gone.  Used to piss Francesa off to no end.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Did he turn to red bull hating in the last year or so?  I haven't listened much since the beginning of 2016, but I remember he and boomer were among the few on that station who talked about the Red Bulls during their playoff run etc. 

I enjoyed their show for a while, especially when I was into the NFL, and the Francesca stuff was solid gold. 

I don't see how they can have him back on the air, at least in the short term.  It will turn into the 'what Carton did' show. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Did he turn to red bull hating in the last year or so?  I haven't listened much since the beginning of 2016, but I remember he and boomer were among the few on that station who talked about the Red Bulls during their playoff run etc. 

I enjoyed their show for a while, especially when I was into the NFL, and the Francesca stuff was solid gold. 

I don't see how they can have him back on the air, at least in the short term.  It will turn into the 'what Carton did' show. 

I'm of the same recollection of you. I haven't listened to them in a couple of years, but I recall them making mention of us in the playoffs. I also recall them attending a game several years ago and raving about the experience. Carton said something to the effect of RBA being the best sporting venue in the area. They never struck me as the types to look down their nose at soccer, unlike the arrogant douche mouth breathing for 5 hours in the afternoon.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Carton was a total backhanded complement douche after he came to the game, sitting in a VIP box as a guest of the team. He said, on air, almost verbatim, that the stadium was a nice place to bng the wife and kids, but not something "a real man would ever do just with the guys."

Boomer is no better, maybe worse. He's always going on about his Norwegian heritage, and complaining about how hockey gets no respect as a main stream sport, but in the Soler days the team tried to play those cards (Norway! We don't get any respect either!) and he wanted none of it... Another guy who HATES that kids are playing soccer instead of football.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users