73 replies to this topic

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,550 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Why are you all shitting bricks? its just a loan.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

The loan is good for him & club.   He needs more starting games to sharpen his goal scoring skills. This will give Armas  more options of who can use in his place. Maybe his replacement will light up our scoring ability especially in away games.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,050 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Why are you all shitting bricks? its just a loan.

His contract is up at the end of the loan.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't buy this argument that he was held back by either coach for a heartbeat. Etienne got 900 minutes last season and was on pace for about the same this season. Those aren't scrub minutes, that's way more than enough time to prove that you can perform consistently (that's the key word here) and Etienne failed to do that. The last few games encapsulate his play perfectly. He gets three straight starts, has a great performance in the first one, then spends the next two flailing aimlessly around the field trying the occasional FIFA skill move before giving the ball away.

Yes its the coach's job to give young players minutes to prove themselves. But when the player isn't meeting expectations, it is absolutely NOT that coach's job to keep giving them minutes with the blind hope that they flip a switch.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I think he was developing fine. I didnt view the wing as a position of need. We won the supporter shield and we are producing goals. Last season and the beginning of this season proved that we developed decent depth. Getting Sims is a luxury and I am hoping he is a game changing player like almiron, Vela or sasha in his prime. If he isnt, then why did we loan a cheap prospect who is contributing to the first team? I still think the win now move is to get a starter at RB. Bucky has some speed but I think its reckless to anoint him as the savior. Murillo is talented but needs to build up his confidence. It would do him good to be loaned down to rb 2. Duncan needs more time with rb 2 and Lade's best position might be DM. I dont think he has the speed for wingback anymore

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Was happy to see DE7 get loaned out, but was unhappy to see it contained an option to buy.  I guess the club has determined he's not part of its future plans.  Which is a shame.  He showed a lot in the Gold Cup and had glimpses here and there.  I think he will benefit from regular playing time. 

Having said that, when the club has shipped players out, in hindsight, it's usually made the right decision.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,527 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I didnt view the wing as a position of need.

Looks like you differ from most posting on MF.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Looked decent in the 25 minutes or so that he played tonight for FCC (at right wing). Can tell he will need time to adjust to the way they play.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Looks like you differ from most posting on MF.

I agree with you. I think in a salary cap league you have to prioritize the weak positions first. Murillo's terrible play made RB the most important position.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,126 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

in the same vein, i think ppl wanted a duo that produced more goals and assists than the Grella-Sam combo did. We've got Royer doing his bit on one side, but still looking for the complementary piece on the opposite side that can try and match Royer's offensive production. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

in the same vein, i think ppl wanted a duo that produced more goals and assists than the Grella-Sam combo did. We've got Royer doing his bit on one side, but still looking for the complementary piece on the opposite side that can try and match Royer's offensive production. 

Literally this is the only thing i have wanted

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,126 posts

Literally this is the only thing i have wanted

same. and i think neutrals have always wondered why it hasn't happened for us, but are prob glad that it hasn't. a double winning season would've done wonders...especially with all the narratives we've had to deal with since...

forever. 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Not only did they score goalsGrella and Sam were fun to watch.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,126 posts

Not only did they score goalsGrella and Sam were fun to watch.

right.

and i think most, i'll assume, wanted guys like Sam and Grella who were fun to watch/break ankles/assist/score, but pluck guys from higher levels of competition, which led to Veron and Royer. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users