Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

http://www.onceametr...hicago-fire-mls

We're linked to a 24 year old Polish defender playing in the Polish league. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't think its that outlandish to sign another CB this year. Zubar should really be out after this season, Perrinelle is a huge question mark after such a major injury, Ouimette doesn't look like long-term prospect.

Going into next season with two 25 year old CB's with Collin as the veteran backup looks like a pretty solid setup to me.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
DO IT.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't think its that outlandish to sign another CB this year. Zubar should really be out after this season, Perrinelle is a huge question mark after such a major injury, Ouimette doesn't look like long-term prospect.

Going into next season with two 25 year old CB's with Collin as the veteran backup looks like a pretty solid setup to me.

Collin would have to take a hefty pay cut.   

Unless and until we cut a couple guys, I would think we are done @ CB.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Collin would have to take a hefty pay cut.   

Unless and until we cut a couple guys, I would think we are done @ CB.  

I think it's a fair assumption we're not resigning Zubar (300K+ this year) and Collin (550K+) at those wages, so getting a younger CB to pair with Baah for the long term (if both pan out as hoped) is not a bad idea, especially if we have monopoly money that expire this year. The question is whether the Polish guy would be fine with possibly sitting half the season if he has a number of options, which he should in free agency.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think it's pretty obvious our defense is headed for an overhaul next season. This guy has been a regular contributor to one of Poland's best teams for the last seven years.

The only issue is that I don't see how he fits in now. Maybe sign him, then loan him somewhere?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think it's a fair assumption we're not resigning Zubar (300K+ this year) and Collin (550K+) at those wages, so getting a younger CB to pair with Baah for the long term (if both pan out as hoped) is not a bad idea, especially if we have monopoly money that expire this year. The question is whether the Polish guy would be fine with possibly sitting half the season if he has a number of options, which he should in free agency.

Yeah, the timing is off.   He may not mind resting a bit after a full euro season, but we'd likely have to cut Zubar immediately, and whatever you think about Zubar, that's taking a risk.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Competition is a good thing.

And yes we could make a cut or two.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

If this rumor is legitimate there's one of two things going on...

1) DP is more injured than the club was letting on

2) We're about to jettison some of these extra CB's for an extra piece somewhere else.  I'd have to think Ouimette or Zubar would be the most likely candidate as of today.  Would have to be someone who takes up an int'l spot.

Not really buying this rumor tho

#RedBullOut

Olesh

Olesh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars Black

I've thought for a while there's a chance that Zubar could be gone midseason with his contract being terminated by mutual consent. If he's in the last year of his deal and knows he won't be coming back, it's in his interest to start looking for another club. It's a lot easier for him to catch on somewhere in Europe during the summer window than to wait out the season and try again over the winter. Hopefully his agent has been working the phones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users