#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,903 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Lade cannot carry the load on a 4 man line with 2nd and 3rd string guys next to him.    If he's the lone 2nd string guy, or playing as a wingback with 3 CB's, he more than capable.    Which is what you expect in MLS.   You can't expect to go with three 2nd string guys, and then lose one of them, and walk away unscathed.,.. especially against the 1st place team.

Nealis is not ready, and we' be completely screwed if Tarek didn't turn out so much better than generally expected.     One decent CB backup, when you have a national team guy as a starter, is not acceptable.

Duncan's fine.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Lade cannot carry the load on a 4 man line with 2nd and 3rd string guys next to him.    If he's the lone 2nd string guy, or playing as a wingback with 3 CB's, he more than capable.    Which is what you expect in MLS.   You can't expect to go with three 2nd string guys, and then lose one of them, and walk away unscathed.,.. especially against the 1st place team.

Duncan's fine.   

I don't think Lade is fine with the first team when we play teams in the top half of the table if we're being honest.  He can handle being a wingback when we go 5 in the defense, but if we're playing a flat 4 teams routinely attack him.

#RedBullOut

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Lade is the new Roy Miller, Medhi Ballouchy, Sal Sizzo, Rafa Marquez who continuously costs us games. The positive side is that all these players eventually got waived, traded, etc...

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
Muyl needs to start logging minutes at LB. Right now.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Muyl needs to start logging minutes at LB. Right now.

Haha never gonna happen. Hes our starting RW for the next 5+ years. Funny how for an organization supposedly obsessed with development we are burying a talented CM (CCJ) and winger (Fernandez) for an older European guy (RZA) and someone who is an average finished product (Muyl)

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Haha never gonna happen. Hes our starting RW for the next 5+ years. Funny how for an organization supposedly obsessed with development we are burying a talented CM (CCJ) and winger (Fernandez) for an older European guy (RZA) and someone who is an average finished product (Muyl)

Well that's a new one.  Haven't seen many people thinking we don't do enough with development.  Usually the criticism is that we do too much with it.

I think Fernandez is being used perfectly this year to be honest.  CCJ should be absolutely getting more minutes but I think that goes back to Armas not knowing what he's looking at in that case.

I didn't like Muyl at the beginning but I've come to realize that he's a very different, but good player.  Also wouldn't mind if Omir or Ivan got minutes over him but with those positions, I'm a big fan of rotating 4 guys over those 2 positions because of the effort they involve.

Back to Lade, agree with the above in that he's OK as the wingback but shouldn't play in a 4 man back line anymore.  His skills haven't degraded, it's just that the rest of MLS has just gotten better.  He's obviously loved in the locker room and a great guy and those are probably the reasons he's been around this long.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,856 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

during Minnesota's 1st yr, when they played at UMinn's FB stadium, we played them and beat them there with a backline consisting of, per http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=7443

Muyl-Perrinelle-Long-Zizzo-Adams

it's happened before, especially during that yr. and he's still at the age where he can rationalize the temporary position switch as "I'll do anything asked of me by the team". 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
If your backup left back is only good in one specific role (LWB in a 5 at the back formation), then he probably shouldn't be your backup left back. There is absolutely no reason to reshuffle your entire gameplan just to accommodate your backup

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

If your backup left back is only good in one specific role (LWB in a 5 at the back formation), then he probably shouldn't be your backup left back. There is absolutely no reason to reshuffle your entire gameplan just to accommodate your backup

Yeah, that's basically my point.  Tarek's really the only guy I'm comfortable with at different positions.  Lade requires a wholesale formation change, and Duncan's a serviceable RB option but really struggles when out on the left.  The reality is we've got one guy who I'd describe as reliable depth at this point in their career at the position, and he's also our primary backup in the CB role (and now, hurt, too).

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
There was plenty of blame to be shared among the back four. The loss of Tarek hurt. Insinho came on and ran around and through everyone. Lade was beat, but so was Royer. That goal was deflected past Robles by Nealis, and Parker made the whole play onside. Nealis conceded the PK, and no one covered Ilsinho on the rebound.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Lade is fine if we play with 5 guys on D

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
I rescind my Open Cup statement

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Lade is fine if we play with 5 guys on D

Lade should get an assist on the third NE goal.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I mean, we need BETTER

players

coaches

players

subs