1883 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,477 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

a lot of MLS teams will struggle against us and we are at minimum a top four team ..

We will see. There are no moral victories.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

A couple of thoughts:

- Maybe we all underestimated the quality in Chivas because Marsch gameplanned them so well?  

The Sounders, who hadn't scored a goal in league play until the passed weekend, managed a 1-0 victory over Chivas at home.  Also, Chivas played differently last night.  At RBA they didn't need the away goal, because we didn't get one in the first game.  Last night they played more aggressively because of the importance of the away goal.  Once Chivas was content to sit and defend against us, we needed something more than tactics, we needed a special player.  And, like March has always done, he leaves his Argie DP attacker on the bench until way too late.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I suspect Almeida is a very good coach.

Liga MX title in addition to 2 CopaMX titles for Almeyda as HC of Chivas.. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
One lesson that we all need to learn from this: if you piss your socks and get intimidated by the big bad Mexican teams you will fail, if you view them as just another team you have to face and don't get intimidated they are absolutely beatable. If MLS teams adopt that mindset than MLS teams will start winning this thing regularly.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

The Sounders, who hadn't scored a goal in league play until the passed weekend, managed a 1-0 victory over Chivas at home.  Also, Chivas played differently last night.  At RBA they didn't need the away goal, because we didn't get one in the first game.  Last night they played more aggressively because of the importance of the away goal.  Once Chivas was content to sit and defend against us, we needed something more than tactics, we needed a special player.  And, like March has always done, he leaves his Argie DP attacker on the bench until way too late.

I don't think that shot at Marsch is right at all. He's clearly high on Kaku and been playing him a ton, and I think will lean on him more and more. With Veron they did a horrible job in scouting and understanding him as a player. It wasn't until too late that they properly deployed him. He was a criminally underutilized player. I've also said this before, but I think a 4-3-3 with Veron and royer flanking BWP would be elite. 

On Chivas, I've watched about five games this season including the recent TFC match. Those first 15 minutes against TFC were the first time that I saw them really dictate play aggressively. Against Seattle they were fine. They were outmatched against us. But Almeyda turned it on there. Lets see what happens in Leg 2. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

I don't think that shot at Marsch is right at all. He's clearly high on Kaku and been playing him a ton, and I think will lean on him more and more. With Veron they did a horrible job in scouting and understanding him as a player. It wasn't until too late that they properly deployed him. He was a criminally underutilized player. I've also said this before, but I think a 4-3-3 with Veron and royer flanking BWP would be elite. 

On Chivas, I've watched about five games this season including the recent TFC match. Those first 15 minutes against TFC were the first time that I saw them really dictate play aggressively. Against Seattle they were fine. They were outmatched against us. But Almeyda turned it on there. Lets see what happens in Leg 2. 

Until this last game, most of Kakus minutes have been with the B squad, the B squad just happens to have a lot of minutes so far. Once Marsch started giving Veron some real minutes last season, we started to see decent results from him.

That said, I dont think Marsch plans to bury Kaku the way he did Veron - hes clearly higher on this new signing. I just thought it was an interesting parallel. In our last three playoff exits against Columbus, Montreal, Toronto, Marsch threw Veron into the second legs after his starters-that-fit-the-system-better not only didnt score, but also gave up goals.

Kaku>Veron. Plus he fits better with BWP. Doesnt mean Marsch didn't leave a valuable asset on the bench for long stretches of the last few seasons and then asked Veron to save his ass late in the postseasons.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,959 posts

Hate the comparisons between Kaku and Veron.  Kaku is actually good.  Veron didn't get to a solid level until his last season here.  Veron hasn't been a regular starter his entire career, no matter where he's been.

Kaku will be a regular starter.  Marsch wanted to build him up.  Coaches in every sport do it and fans in each of those sports bitch about it.  It's hard to know who's right.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Hate the comparisons between Kaku and Veron.  Kaku is actually good.  Veron didn't get to a solid level until his last season here.  Veron hasn't been a regular starter his entire career, no matter where he's been.

Kaku will be a regular starter.  Marsch wanted to build him up.  Coaches in every sport do it and fans in each of those sports bitch about it.  It's hard to know who's right.  

I'm not going to get into it, because I agree that Kaku is better than Veron and, more importantly, is better suited to compliment BWP.  But, Veron was good in most knockout tournament matches (CCL, Open Cup, playoffs) when given minutes.  Whether he started or not is less important than if he came in with enough left in the game to get into the flow and have time to help.  Gonzalo and Etienne came on against Cincinatti in the Open Cup semi and completely changed that game around.  Then down by two goals against SKC in the final and Marsch leaves Veron on the bench until the 70' minute.  He the proceeded to have a major impact on the game and his shot lead to the our only goal.

That doesn't mean I think Kaku will suffer the same fate as Veron.  I don't, I think he's a starter with this team going forward.  The comparison between Kaku and Veron is still valid though, in the sense that Marsch leaves attackers he doesn't trust to implement his system perfectly, on the bench until it's too late - even needing a goal, even after his system guys have given up goals without scoring themselves.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

That doesn't mean I think Kaku will suffer the same fate as Veron.  I don't, I think he's a starter with this team going forward.  The comparisons between Kaku and Veron is still valid though, in the sense that Marsch leaves attackers he doesn't trust to implement his system perfectly on the bench until it's too late - even needing a goal, even after his system guys have given up goals without scoring themselves.

One of my other big misgivings with Jesse-Oh. Trust "his" guys to a fault, especially in huge games, to me, means he's coaching scared. 

"Metro..."

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

One of my other big misgivings with Jesse-Oh. Trust "his" guys to a fault, especially in huge games, to me, means he's coaching scared. 

word

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,477 posts

he's coaching scared. 

I do not know why he would be scared. His position seems secure; I doubt the RB overlords ever think about NY, what with Leipzig & Salzburg.
Seems more overconfidence. He is convinced that he is right.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,101 posts

3-3. 54'. 

"Metro..."

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,477 posts
What a miss by Delgado. Se la perdió!
Could play for us.
Row Z PK miss by Mikey gives Chivas the title.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=cNgKvvP868k

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Lmfao! Bradley sailed it over the net hahahahahaha Chivas win! Hahahah

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,926 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That was Baggio like from Bradley. Wooooooooooooof.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users