154 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

This is a must win game given our squad depth and the quality of our opposition. Anything but three points would be a real disappointment. 

In other words....sounds like typical Metro trap-game.....

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,758 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

which was RSL last wk. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,824 posts
  • Supports:Metro

which was RSL last wk. 

RSL never going to be easy on the road plus awful weather, poor field conditions, mid week much bigger game. We're back at home against poor opposition with a full week to prepare. It's hard to be over confident given this team's history, but yea....

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,758 posts

we were on the road to poor opposition that were dealing with injuries in addition to getting smacked the 2 previous wks. the team stupidly played down to the opponent, when RSL should've been put to the sword. 

"Metro..."

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
Really expect us to win this match, and maybe more important I expect this to be the core of guys against Chivas so I want them to look good.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts
Should win but it's still MLS and it's still soccer. Hopefully don't get screwed over by the ref or no really unlucky bounces. Minnesota has been winning games and that stuff is contagious, even with some backups.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Thanks MLS for making this a 7pm start so it conflicts with a sold out Devils game! No really, we are all going to enjoy the giant clusterfuck if we want to park in Newark. And it's not like some of the 17k going to the Devils game would've considered going early and filling some of the 15k empty seats at our game. And it's even better for us folks with tickets to both games.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Thanks MLS for making this a 7pm start so it conflicts with a sold out Devils game! No really, we are all going to enjoy the giant clusterfuck if we want to park in Newark. And it's not like some of the 17k going to the Devils game would've considered going early and filling some of the 15k empty seats at our game. And it's even better for us folks with tickets to both games.

I'm going to the Devils game instead too but parking won't be a mess because of both games. The arenas are close but they aren't that close to make it a problem.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I'm going to the Devils game instead too but parking won't be a mess because of both games. The arenas are close but they aren't that close to make it a problem.

More people going to our game park in Newark than you think because it has places to pregame at unlike the area near the stadium. I have a ticket to both and am going to the Devils game to get the bobble (selling was not an option because it's a comp), staying for a period and walking to RBA for the second half. The whole situation really pissed me off.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

More people going to our game park in Newark than you think because it has places to pregame at unlike the area near the stadium. I have a ticket to both and am going to the Devils game to get the bobble (selling was not an option because it's a comp), staying for a period and walking to RBA for the second half. The whole situation really pissed me off.

I know, I park in Newark for both as well but most people park right over the bridge across from RBA, most people aren't parking in that area and walking to the Devils game. Like I said, it's close but it's really not that close to make much of a difference. I sold my tickets for the Red Bulls game and I'm staying at the Devils game, it matters way more than an early season MLS game.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
I sympathize with the Devils fans, but I hate to complain about 7 pm Saturday games.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,758 posts

that's usually our best time slot. 

"Metro..."

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Personally I am thankful to live in a city with so many entertainment options. Nice problem to have.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

jpZPBVAnRdApyTNXKwBAEoCopL9rTxsr6wolmhtd

There's someone on Minnesota's reddit that makes anagram lineups.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,775 posts

According to https://www.mlssocce...-york-red-bulls , Latino Flavor is ineligible for MLS play...

Edit: official website was wrong.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users