Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Saw Matt Doyle of MLSSoccer's RT.

QSI is allegedly "kicking the tires" wrt RBNY.

They own PSG?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

They own PSG, correct. Turned from relative shit club to top team since they bought

With Qatar in the name, you know they won't hesitate to spend, but they too have the join the long line of investors wanting to buy the club.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

if they're willing to offer more than any other potential buyer has...

hypothetically if QSI were to offer more than what Ader was willing to offer which (allegedly 200m-250m), they may jump the line. i still think that RB is willing to sell, given some stipulations, and that QSI is willing to meet their number, which i assume is north of 300m.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

if they're willing to offer more than any other potential buyer has...

hypothetically if QSI were to offer more than what Ader was willing to offer which (allegedly 200m-250m), they may jump the line. i still think that RB is willing to sell, given some stipulations, and that QSI is willing to meet their number, which i assume is north of 300m.

I think 400M would be close to an instant-sale. At 200-250M, they have no reason to sell.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Ugh, these guys are probably terrible. Would spend a lot though.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

From soda to sheiks? Errrrrrrrr....

Any LOCAL rich people? Come on!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

ader

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

ader

I wish, but from talking to him, the feeling I get is that RB will need more $ than what he's got...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Man City boys vs PSG boys?

Barf

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

fuck all these NY area owners, lets just start going to newark express games and call it a day.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

Ader should partner up with these guys. We dont just need owners we need someone whos going to care about this club and hold people accountable. SOmeone with a vision for a proper club. I dont think that a foreign owner like the Qatari folks will truly "get" what is going on here. This isnt Europe, theres somany factors you need to take care of and partnering up with someone like Ader will give them that. Otherwise this will be RB #2 or ManCityFC #3. 

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Just what we need: More owners in MLS from countries that deny the existence of Israel, jail gays, and profit from slave labor.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Just what we need: More owners in MLS from countries that deny the existence of Israel, jail gays, and profit from slave labor.

This. I love this club, but if QSI bought the team I would need to have a serious sit-down with myself and think long and hard (giggity) about going to see the team in person and if I could handle essentially giving the Qatari government my money.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Hard to say one is better than the other, but Qatar would at least change the name. It would be less loathesome, still odious. Time to again hold our nose & hope.

Hey, upside: the won't have to sacrifice Asian workers to build the stadium. Bonus!

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Sidebar question. I'm obviously a huge Ader fan, but I'd be doing this whole thing a disservice if I didn't apply the same examining eye to him. Anyone have expert info on if his business stuff is pretty nondespicable? He obviously bests Red Bull in the club connection/identity area, and he could never approach these Qatar guys' moral failings, but I should ask the question anyway, even if I have a mancrush on him already.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users