• This topic is locked This topic is locked
295 replies to this topic

#16 RazovMustDie

RazovMustDie

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Bugs, dirt, small mammals, rocks, bits of old string...
  • Supports:My intestines

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:50 PM

Bruce, I never believe anything that I see at HockeyBuzz even if Eklund rates it as an E4, until I see it at TSN or a legitimate site as a done deal. Visnovsky's contract extension means he's not going anywhere, even if we're languishing in last place at the trading deadline (highly unlikely).

Interesting how there have never been any anaslime "fans" on our site until now> Just like all the bandwagon jumpers who are now buying fucks season tickets...what a joke. 15,000 show up for The Stanley Cup celebration? That's not even enough to fill the arena! :)+ Need I remind I remind you pond scum professing you sudden love and admiration for the fucks that the struggling Kings outdrew anaslime the last 2 years? How fuckin' pathetic is that!

I see no real difference between the fucks and Chivas: 1)expansion teams artificially forced upon a market with an established team and loyal fanbase; 2)teams that after struggling are fortunate enough to find capable executives to hire, that manage to turn the team's fortunes around with luck also playing a very significant role, all the while still lacking a motivated and supportive fanbase; 3)regardless of whatever playoff success either team may have, they will never earn the general respect of the league or its fans and will continue to be viewed as a novelty or sideshow (see snoop dog at the honda center this spring) until the franchises move to another city.

I second RTB's assertion that you chivas er I mean fucks fans are no longer welcome here.

Any of you real hockey fans going to the TSC in El Segundo for the first day of Kings training camp tomorrow? RTB? Darren? Jerry? I feel a bout of the Purple Flu coming on...work will have to wait another day....

#17 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

RMD, I'll just let you know it's so bad here in OC. All these scum who claim loyalty to the Lucks. The only person who I knew that was a lucks fan was my buddy Martin, who went along with us to toronto.. Other than him, I do not know any die hard lucks fans that were there from day one. All these bandwaggoners piss me off, just like when my beloved Angels finally won something, these peeps all of a sudden show up.

I think that LARS needs to hit up a Kings game at least once as a group. Especially if it's a Lucks Kings game.

#18 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

RMD, I'll just let you know it's so bad here in OC. All these scum who claim loyalty to the Lucks. The only person who I knew that was a lucks fan was my buddy Martin, who went along with us to toronto.. Other than him, I do not know any die hard lucks fans that were there from day one. All these bandwaggoners piss me off, just like when my beloved Angels finally won something, these peeps all of a sudden show up.

I think that LARS needs to hit up a Kings game at least once as a group. Especially if it's a Lucks Kings game.

I work with a lady here in newport who's a real ducks fan. She knows the game (was born in canada), and isn't afraid to have a laugh at fans attending their "first game".

But, a lot of those 15,000 season tickets are businesses et al in the area buying up seats as well, now that it has become a "hot ticket". Every game will be a sell out, but it wouldn't surprise me to still see some empty seats on the lower level come game times.
One thing abuot the Angels - fans showed up after they won the world series, and they're still showing up like crazy. At least with the ducks packing their arena it should help the rivalry with the kings grow.

Even so, if the Kings ever start becoming a real contender you'll see their bandwagon skyrocket like you can't believe too.

Roenick got booed every time phoenix played in LA, he'll get booed on san jose as well.

RMD - have a good time in london in a few weeks! Let's get a win to open the season

#19 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

There was no chance on today but I hope to make it out one day this week. I feel more genuinely excited about this team for the first time in years. We'll see.

#20 anarchie75

anarchie75

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US Nats

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

Any chance of organizing a LARS trip to a Kings game this season and tailoring some of our chants/songs for the Kings? That would be... well, a RIOT. We gotta show those "Let's Go Kings" drones how its done.

#21 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

We did that in 2005, the week after we won the Cup. We had around 12-15 people. Let's do.

#22 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

We did that in 2005, the week after we won the Cup. We had around 12-15 people. Let's do.

There were more that that, I remember. That was when they paraded the MLS Cup on the Zamboni and the cheering pathetically died down after about 2 turns on the ice.
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#23 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

my tickets for the season arrived yesterday.

and our free gift is this year....a kings scarf

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

opening preseason home game last night.

o'sullivan playing on a line with nagy and handzus. Handzus is very good at winning face-offs. nagy seemed kind of invisible.

labarbera seemed a little slow with his post to post movement. let in an early soft goal, but was okay after that. he's got size and was stopping straight on shots with traffic in front of goal. it's early.
Bernier came in mid-2nd period to finish the game. much quicker movement, but let in a shot over the shoulder in the 3rd that looked like it should've been saved. might have been screened but was hard to tell. lots of poise though. probably isn't nhl ready yet, but looks to be developing well. and he's already better than cloutier.

plenty of hitting for a preseason game. cammalleri/kopitar/brown playing on a line together. brown with a very hard but very clean check on o'donnell. O'donnell goes after him, brown takes care of him. o'donnell skates off bloodied up. o'donnell gets 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting, and 10 misconduct. brown with just 5 for fighting. other than that though brown did nothing.

harrold = not good at all. watch too many ducks skate right by him

#25 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:18 AM

I figured Jason LaBarbera would be a fiery goalie by now... I just don't want end up last in the division... again...

I'll def let y'all know when we're going...

BTW, weak scarf bro...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#26 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

yes!

Kings put Cloutier on waivers

#27 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

yes!

Kings put Cloutier on waivers

Holy Puckus, the god of hockey has heard the prayers.

This even exceeds the G's announcing that Pete would be let go.

Praise be!

#28 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Are we going to get together and watch the Kings destroy the Ducks in London on the 29th?

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#29 anarchie75

anarchie75

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US Nats

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

Are we going to get together and watch the Kings destroy the Ducks in London on the 29th?

It'd be nice to set a viewing party somewhere locally for this. I definetly won't be missing the two London openers!

Holy Puckus, the god of hockey has heard the prayers.

This even exceeds the G's announcing that Pete would be let go.

Praise be!

Thank God! So I'm guessing we'll be seeing a LaBarbara-Aubin tandem unless Bernier gets baptised by fire.

#30 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

Anyone in on this? freefantasy
HIKING METAL PUNX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users