74 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It is with a heavy heart that I announce we lost long time ESC member and one of my closest friends Mike Vallo this past weekend.  Mike was known by MikeV and Mike Vallo on these boards.  Many of you know him personally.

Mike and I became close friends through the ESC and 10 years later he was standing with me and my wife as part of our wedding party. He was an incredible guy and I'm still trying to wrap my head around what has happened.

I know this will come as a shock to many of you. Mike has been a fixture in the section for over a decade and has been one of the more visible and vocal members of the group in that time. Below is the information for services this weekend.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

-Oddo

------------

Michael Vallo

Michael David Vallo, known always to friends and family as Mikey, died suddenly Nov. 1. He was the cherished son of Ronald and Mary Puglisi Vallo and beloved brother of Katy and Matt Vallo.

He was always proud of his special birthday 8/8/88, and those that knew him were proud of the special person he was. He had a warm sense of humor and a sharp intellect and a wide range of interests. He was a golfer, skier, history enthusiast, political observer, soccer fanatic and dog lover. He was an advocate of social justice. He had a kind and compassionate heart. He enjoyed lively conversations, and anyone with any intelligence knew better than to try to match wits with Mikey.

He was a graduate of Pearl River High School and McGill University. He was a reporter and columnist for Barron’s Magazine.

He was a loving son and brother, a caring grandson, nephew and cousin, and a loyal friend.

He lived most recently in Astoria, Queens and enjoyed all that New York City offers, but was a true son of Pearl River. He enriched the lives of those who knew him, all the poorer now for his loss

Calling hours are 3-5 and 7-9 Friday, Nov. 6 at Wyman-Fisher Funeral Home, Pearl River, NY. The funeral is at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7 at St. Stephens Episcopal Church, Pearl River.

#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Wow - sucks.  He was just a kid.  Condolences to those who knew him, and thanks for sharing the sad news.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

My condolences. He was a good egg and will be missed.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Sad. RIP MikeV.

Bo R. Acho from NJ

Bo R. Acho from NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Supports:metro

Didn't know him personally but feel like I did because I worked with his old man for many years before his stroke and eventual retirement and saw him around lots of times. Devastated beyond words and prayers to all you that were friends and/or acquaintances with Mikey.

redbullandvodka

redbullandvodka

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

My condolences Greg, shocking to hear.  I was lucky enough to meet him a few times earlier in the year when all the Red Bull Out stuff went down.  He seemed like a great guy, and as passionate a fan there is.  He will be missed. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I am just in shock at hearing this. He was truely one of the greatest supporters this team had and one of the greatest people I had the honor of knowing. Can we please set up a TIFO in his honor for Sunday? Also is there anyone going to his wake from Putnam/Westchester because I don't have a car and I would really like to go and pay my respects? Could meet anyone willing to give me a lift at any stop on the Metro North Harlem Line.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

I'm completely floored by this. I thought it was a joke when I saw the ESC tweet...

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

No amount of anything will make up for this loss. We live in a shitty, cruel, unfair world.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

I'm completely floored by this.

You're not alone; seemed like just the other day we were sitting in the back of your Subaru joking around with him in 16A.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Damn... sad news. Thoughts and prayers
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JerseyTexan

JerseyTexan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Fighting tears. One of the smartest, funniest guys around. And what PASSION for the team and the section. Will be sorely missed.

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros

This is devastating. RIP Mike.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

RIP. I did not know him personally but we were friends on FB because of a ticket exchange at some point. Sad.

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:RBNY
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Didnt know him but appreciated his passion for the team we all love.  RIP Mike

Proud supporter and STH of RBNY - In it through thick and thin.

Forza Metro! We love ya. Oh, and Fuck DC scum.

twitter: @mromilio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users