813 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

There's loyalty and then there is stupidity. Fans of teams like ... the NY Mets need to take a good look at their teams. ... anybody who would follow ... needs to have their heads examined.

Now, you've gone too far!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Now, you've gone too far!

Hey, man, I grew up in a Mets household. I have family who still haven't learned to let go.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There's loyalty and then there is stupidity. Fans of teams like the Islanders, the NY Mets, Toronto FC, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Chicago Cubs, and the Sacramento Kings need to take a good look at their teams. These are teams who have absolutely no plan to succeed at all. They may have been successful teams at one point in time, but now they have completely fallen apart to the extent that they will never rise again. When that happens to teams, the best thing to do is cut your losses and move on.

Dude, you're a fucking Red Bulls fan. Look in the mirror.

In the case of the Isles, they allowed Mike Milbury to complete destroy their team and any chance at a future when he gave extremely foolish long-term contracts out. The biggest failures I see here are Alexei Yashin and Rick DiPietro. The Isles have actually gotten to the point where they depend on those contracts to help them hit the salary cap floor. Yes, they use those contracts to meet the bare minimum they can offer their players and remain compliant with NHL rules. Meanwhile, the Lighthouse Project was voted down by the voters of Nassau County and the Isles are stuck paying exhorbitant amounts to play in the decaying, crumbling Nassau Veterans Memorial Colisseum.

In the case of the Mets, they will be paying millions of dollars to Bobby Bonilla for the next twenty-five years, even though he finished playing for the Mets over a decade ago. Meanwhile, they were decimated by Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and they can no longer afford to hold onto their best players. They went from being one of the wealthiest and most desirable teams in the MLB to being a perennial cellar-dweller and punchline. And because of all that has happened, there is no way back for them unless they are sold to someone with Arab money or something.

This is stupidity of the highest order and anybody who would follow those teams needs to have their heads examined. What a futile waste of time.

Outside of that, you're telling people to be front runners. Got it. You represent everything that is wrong with the modern sports fan. You should've stuck with the PG-rated smack talk instead of embarrassing yourself.

#RedBullOut

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

But here's the thing. As of RIGHT NOW, in THIS SEASON, the Rangers have the best team in the NHL. That might change tomorrow, but for right now, no one can argue that.

No one is disagreeing with that.. I'm not. But don't call my team irrelevant and a joke of a franchise (not you) when the Rag$ are.. well.. the Rag$ and haven't been relevant since 94 with little to no success since then..

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

No one is disagreeing with that.. I'm not. But don't call my team irrelevant and a joke of a franchise (not you) when the Rag$ are.. well.. the Rag$ and haven't been relevant since 94 with little to no success since then..

The Rags are like Metro, in the playoffs every year but with nothing to show for it. It just means they push their Tee times back a month

HoosMetros

HoosMetros

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, UVa

There's loyalty and then there is stupidity. Fans of teams like the Islanders, the NY Mets, Toronto FC, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Chicago Cubs, and the Sacramento Kings need to take a good look at their teams. These are teams who have absolutely no plan to succeed at all. They may have been successful teams at one point in time, but now they have completely fallen apart to the extent that they will never rise again. When that happens to teams, the best thing to do is cut your losses and move on.

In the case of the Isles, they allowed Mike Milbury to complete destroy their team and any chance at a future when he gave extremely foolish long-term contracts out. The biggest failures I see here are Alexei Yashin and Rick DiPietro. The Isles have actually gotten to the point where they depend on those contracts to help them hit the salary cap floor. Yes, they use those contracts to meet the bare minimum they can offer their players and remain compliant with NHL rules. Meanwhile, the Lighthouse Project was voted down by the voters of Nassau County and the Isles are stuck paying exhorbitant amounts to play in the decaying, crumbling Nassau Veterans Memorial Colisseum.

In the case of the Mets, they will be paying millions of dollars to Bobby Bonilla for the next twenty-five years, even though he finished playing for the Mets over a decade ago. Meanwhile, they were decimated by Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and they can no longer afford to hold onto their best players. They went from being one of the wealthiest and most desirable teams in the MLB to being a perennial cellar-dweller and punchline. And because of all that has happened, there is no way back for them unless they are sold to someone with Arab money or something.

This is stupidity of the highest order and anybody who would follow those teams needs to have their heads examined. What a futile waste of time.

we're metro/rb fans. you think we know the difference??? you consider the futility of many years of support a waste of time?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

As a counterpoint, it should be pointed out that the NHL hasn't really been relevant in this country since 1994. That was really the high water mark of the NHL in terms of popularity, and of course the NHL screwed it up with a work stoppage. I'm no Rangers fan, but as far as a team just owning the city the only comparable team was the '86 Mets.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
At Rangers-Devils game. More Rangers fans than usual. Heard that the price of the "cheap" seats in MSG are going to skyrocket. My friend's seats are going to go from $39 a game to $68. Was told my Devils season seat will go up by $2 per game, but I may be able to move to a seat in a back row where ticket prices are remaining the same.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

At Rangers-Devils game. More Rangers fans than usual. Heard that the price of the "cheap" seats in MSG are going to skyrocket. My friend's seats are going to go from $39 a game to $68. Was told my Devils season seat will go up by $2 per game, but I may be able to move to a seat in a back row where ticket prices are remaining the same.

Sorry you had to go to a game where the Rangers decided to rest and take the night off. I guess it's inevitable with the massive number of games they are playing in March, and the huge lead they have on every other team in the East, but I would have preferred that they had chosen a team other than Kansas City to take a nap. Oh, well.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
Devils own the Rags this year. Thanks for the points guys :cheers:

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
bad game

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
Great game..

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA
Amazing how many excuses I've read about why the Rangers lost tonight. Just except the fact they lost. Watch the highlights, Devils had a bunch of turnovers too, luckily Marty bailed them out of most of the time. And Henrik made some spectacular saves tonight as well. It was a 1-1 game going into the 3rd, which all indications point to a hard fought game.

The real beating was the one Carter put down on Dubinsky. Yikes!
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
MSG will be unaffordable for me next year. Goodbye my love.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Sorry you had to go to a game where the Rangers decided to rest and take the night off. I guess it's inevitable with the massive number of games they are playing in March, and the huge lead they have on every other team in the East, but I would have preferred that they had chosen a team other than Kansas City to take a nap. Oh, well.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users