Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I imagine a nice ovation for Petke. 

I'd imagine this will be the first time in a while we will have our whole first team available for selection. 

Don't know if Armas will throw BWP right in from the start or ease him in with a sub appearance. I'd be fine with either one.

Start Murillo and Lawrence on the flanks please. Hopefully he will start Royer and Kaku. 

Time to start picking up some home wins. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

will the first XI be available? I guess Long will play some, but is BWP even healthy? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
What makes you think everyone is healthy? Seems every game we have a surprise injury to a player and they don't tend to return the next game.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

absolutely nothing gives me the impression that BWP will play next week. i'm thinking Long might. Valot's out long term, and they haven't given an update re Beze have they? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Does anyone know how the Red Bulls stack up, injury-wise, to other MLS clubs? I feel the past few seasons have seen similar injuries, but they are a nightmare coming back into the fold.

Is this on Tony Jouaux (our strength and conditioning coach)?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

i think it's a by-product of the constant running in the pressing system. ya gotta exert a lot of effort, takes a physical toll i'd assume, hence the soft tissue injuries. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

What's Royer's status?

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i think it's a by-product of the constant running in the pressing system. ya gotta exert a lot of effort, takes a physical toll i'd assume, hence the soft tissue injuries. 

I agree, I think that is why they prefer younger players since there is less mileage on those legs

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
A few weeks ago I might have bet money that either Armas or Petke wouldn't be coaching this game. Glad to see them both put together some results.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

absolutely nothing gives me the impression that BWP will play next week. i'm thinking Long might. Valot's out long term, and they haven't given an update re Beze have they? 

My hunch is BWP returns after the Gold Cup break.

He didn't make the 18 this past week and with White performing well there is not much of a reason for management to rush him back. His injury must be worse than they are letting on though.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

giving BWP 4 weeks off seems like the best bet. we'd have White Barlow and Jorgen$en as our strikers for this game, away to Philly and the USOC or two. 

this is the last game of the full-ish roster before players leave for int'l duty?

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

My hunch is BWP returns after the Gold Cup break.

He didn't make the 18 this past week and with White performing well there is not much of a reason for management to rush him back. His injury must be worse than they are letting on though.

Official word has been that it's difficult to ascertain a recovery timeline for the specific type of injury (groin strain). From what I understand (via google), it's usually a 3-6 week recovery period. We're on about week 5 right now. I'm hoping he can at least get 1 substitute appearance before the break. Maybe come back for the Open Cup.

Edit: He's officially been listed as 'questionable' for the last six games. I think in RB parlance that just means 'not out for the season.' Long, Bezecourt, and Ivan(?!) were all listed as questionable before the cincy game.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Official word has been that it's difficult to ascertain a recovery timeline for the specific type of injury (groin strain). From what I understand (via google), it's usually a 3-6 week recovery period. We're on about week 5 right now. I'm hoping he can at least get 1 substitute appearance before the break. Maybe come back for the Open Cup.

Edit: He's officially been listed as 'questionable' for the last six games. I think in RB parlance that just means 'not out for the season.' Long, Bezecourt, and Ivan(?!) were all listed as questionable before the cincy game.

the MLS/RB injury list is a joke , can you imagine the NBA/NFL with a "maybe " list with all the wagering on games  .

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

the MLS/RB injury list is a joke , can you imagine the NBA/NFL with a "maybe " list with all the wagering on games  .

Uh, Joel Embiid?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users