Article on Stadium (from local Kearny/Harrison newspaper)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MetroRat

MetroRat

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Peru NT, Alianza Lima
Article:

http://www.theobserv...6c136968934.txt

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,582 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY
That article wasn't depressing at all.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Posted Image

Yuck.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Can anyone confirm what that article says about AEG selling its share of the stadium rights to Red Bull for 50 mil? Does anyone have a link to another article confirm the above or something?

Cuz to me that would be huge maybe a sign that they might bosst capacity to 30k and get ridd of the stage end liked discussed in a previous thread!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JerseyTexan

JerseyTexan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Can anyone confirm what that article says about AEG selling its share of the stadium rights to Red Bull for 50 mil? Does anyone have a link to another article confirm the above or something?

Cuz to me that would be huge maybe a sign that they might bosst capacity to 30k and get ridd of the stage end liked discussed in a previous thread!

That was part of the original sale, nothing has changed. Speaking of nothing changed, why do I feel like I have read that piece before...is it because there is a "Soccer Team Suffers Stadium Setback" article every year. Ugh, what a joke.

InkedAG

InkedAG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Arsenal
Time to scrap these NJ plans and build in NYC. Queens has some good land. :) Right by the 7 train.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

Time to scrap these NJ plans and build in NYC. Queens has some good land. :) Right by the 7 train.

Yeah, so anyway. Next.

I don't care anymore. If they get it done and they have to pay more to get it done, then it's too fucking late to pull out now. Harrison can't afford to eat this and if it costs them more in the short term to get it back in the long they're going to have to come up with someway of doing so.

It's going to be my future residence when I get the fuck out of the South so I'm interested howeva they figure this out.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Nothing new in that article.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Oatmeal

Oatmeal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

That was part of the original sale, nothing has changed. Speaking of nothing changed, why do I feel like I have read that piece before...is it because there is a "Soccer Team Suffers Stadium Setback" article every year. Ugh, what a joke.

Wait, so an original sale did infact take place? There has been alot of confusion over this thing.

brownswan

brownswan

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Supports:Metro and USA
Additional foundations; delayed till 2009 -- we knew that weeks ago.

Wait till the soil is delared unfit for future us of any kind to throw in the towel: this property is permanently condemned.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro
It's not that there's any new and shocking information there. 2009, or something like it...we knew that already.

But I can't see any reason why the writer repeatedly emphasized the precarious nature of the financing for the stadium, why he underlined the fact that the plan was for the stadium and garage to generate money to pay off the debts rather soonish. Can I.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users