15 replies to this topic

RBNY10

RBNY10

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Man U, Everton
So I keep seeing people post about what they think the back line should be, even the poll, etc. After looking at the quote sheet from the rsl game from bruce:
On Eddie Pope and his career:
A great career and a pretty classy guy on and off the field, and he knows when he's done, he doesn't want to play one more game than he has to, and he wants to go off on his own terms. There are times when players don't leave the game on their own terms, and Eddie wants to do that and leave with the reputation and memories that he left us, and I am hopeful he can remain in the game with Salt Lake or elsewhere..
I know I may be a bit optimistic, but does anyone think bruce might be hinting at trying to pursue eddie pope as a center back, they do know each other pretty well...

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,582 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY
Highly doubt it.

libreg

libreg

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Metro, bolton wanderers, USA
Bocanegra. The best American defender ever.
Because he should come to a REAL team. He's wasting his talent over there :)+

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,999 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Salary Cap. Close this thread.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I know I may be a bit optimistic, but does anyone think bruce might be hinting at trying to pursue eddie pope as a center back coach, they do know each other pretty well...

FYP (obvious) :pint:

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Retro StarBulls

Retro StarBulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls/Manchester City

Salary Cap. Close this thread.

Won't people like Schopp be leaving us this winter? Won't they have cap space next year?

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

So I keep seeing people post about what they think the back line should be, even the poll, etc. After looking at the quote sheet from the rsl game from bruce:
On Eddie Pope and his career:
A great career and a pretty classy guy on and off the field, and he knows when he's done, he doesn't want to play one more game than he has to, and he wants to go off on his own terms. There are times when players don't leave the game on their own terms, and Eddie wants to do that and leave with the reputation and memories that he left us, and I am hopeful he can remain in the game with Salt Lake or elsewhere..
I know I may be a bit optimistic, but does anyone think bruce might be hinting at trying to pursue eddie pope as a center back, they do know each other pretty well...

Please god noooo. He worked out so well last time.. :)+

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Pope would of been a great pick up for the stretch. However, For next year i would rather get someone else. For the same money we can try to get Corrales or Califf

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros
Two words: Field Turf.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Old.... :huh:

#RedBullOUT

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
Eddie Pope at this stage in his career WILL NOT help the defense.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

John Flushing

John Flushing

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Interests:www.metrofanatic.com
  • Supports:My Own Self Interests.

I am hopeful he can remain in the game with Salt Lake or elsewhere..

I am hopeful that he will not remain in the game with MetroStars.
"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • Interests:the metro
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, local fans
1. Pope is 34. way too old
2. How's RSL's defense?
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
You guys are all reading this the wrong way. When Arena says 'remain in the game', he means that Pope is going to be in some way involved, as in coaching, not playing.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
So D, that's where you are wrong. You know about the whole reading thing and the people on this thread.

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users