40 replies to this topic

MikeyYeahYeah

MikeyYeahYeah

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Supports:NY Redbulls!
I am new to the forum. This is my first post :-) I cant wait for the game this Friday night!

This is a big game and I hate watching games at home. Trying to watch a RedBull game at the local bar is a tough sell when you are the only soccer fan in the place.

I thought I would come on here and see if anyone would be interested in meeting at Fox and Hound in Edison, NJ (behind Menlo Park Mall). It's a pretty sweet sports bar if you haven't been. I figure if we can get a large enough group we can take over one of the rooms and start spreading the Gospel de RedBull. I have this image of 20 - 40 Redbull fans decked out in Jerseys and Scarfs chanting at the top of their lungs. How sick would that be! A mini South Ward in a bar haha.

Just some food for thought. If anyone is interested please reply. I will start making arrangements with Fox and Hound if the party is big enough.

Thanks!

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts
u a cop?

5 year plan

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls
Welcome Mikey!

I'll be in Sunny LA for the game -

ESC watches the games in NYC at a very well know soccer pub.
GGS watches the game in Newark at Bellos

There is talk of a Rutgers NYRB club starting / check out the forum - Thats very close to Edison - Maybe you can catch up with them if they plan on watching the game together.
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

lakaix15

lakaix15

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Supports:RBNY and Wisla Krakow
i live near fox's but Ill only go if the whole HCH crew goes....

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Welcome Mikey!

I'll be in Sunny LA for the game -

ESC watches the games in NYC at a very well know soccer pub.
GGS watches the game in Newark at Bellos

There is talk of a Rutgers NYRB club starting / check out the forum - Thats very close to Edison - Maybe you can catch up with them if they plan on watching the game together.

something tells me he owns/works at the fox/hound

Tonino

Tonino

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA...USA, Forza Italia

I am new to the forum. This is my first post :-) I cant wait for the game this Friday night!

This is a big game and I hate watching games at home. Trying to watch a RedBull game at the local bar is a tough sell when you are the only soccer fan in the place.

I thought I would come on here and see if anyone would be interested in meeting at Fox and Hound in Edison, NJ (behind Menlo Park Mall). It's a pretty sweet sports bar if you haven't been. I figure if we can get a large enough group we can take over one of the rooms and start spreading the Gospel de RedBull. I have this image of 20 - 40 Redbull fans decked out in Jerseys and Scarfs chanting at the top of their lungs. How sick would that be! A mini South Ward in a bar haha.

Just some food for thought. If anyone is interested please reply. I will start making arrangements with Fox and Hound if the party is big enough.

Thanks!

DONT GO. Last time I went there they didnt have the PLAYOFF game on the tv even after I called TWICE TO CONFIRM. I say screw em. And the food wasnt that good anyway.
RIP Metros. LONG LIVE RED BULL NEW YORK

@soccerbyives: Funny thing is without Supporters chants it actually sounds more like an EPL match, audible clapping at good plays, groans at bad plays"

MikeyYeahYeah

MikeyYeahYeah

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
LOL... no I don't work for fox and hound LOL. Its just the popular spot in my town. Just trying to help the redbulls gain a few more fans. Most people think I'm nuts for following MLS. Maybe ill check out the pub in NYC. Which pub?

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT
North Brunswick pub is usually soccer freindly to a point. Sundays no just grab ass ball but other times yes.Friday night at 11pm though you wont here the game with the sound up.

MikeyYeahYeah

MikeyYeahYeah

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I really want to work on finding a great spot in Central NJ to watch Redbulls away games. I personally am not a big fan of Newark so Bello isn't ideal for me.

If anyone is interested in trying to coordinate some Central NJ redbulls presence let me know. I'm on a mission to make MLS and Redbulls common!!!

I used to love going to fox decked out in my fave American football teams Jersey and going nuts. It is now time for Redbulls!!! Especially with all the rumors of the Cosmos coming back.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur

LOL... no I don't work for fox and hound LOL. Its just the popular spot in my town. Just trying to help the redbulls gain a few more fans. Most people think I'm nuts for following MLS. Maybe ill check out the pub in NYC. Which pub?

Welcome Mikey the pub that the esc hangs out at is nevadasmiths hear is a map of wear it is. i wood give you the website but it is down.

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CCEQnwIwAQ

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

I really want to work on finding a great spot in Central NJ to watch Redbulls away games. I personally am not a big fan of Newark so Bello isn't ideal for me.

If anyone is interested in trying to coordinate some Central NJ redbulls presence let me know. I'm on a mission to make MLS and Redbulls common!!!

I used to love going to fox decked out in my fave American football teams Jersey and going nuts. It is now time for Redbulls!!! Especially with all the rumors of the Cosmos coming back.

Fox and Hound? Kind of generic for soccer.Let me talk to the owner of the Court Tavern in the Hub City.Not a sports bar by any means but thats the buet of it.

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

i live near fox's but Ill only go if the whole HCH crew goes....

120's house, remember?
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

120's house, remember?

Yes but future viewing publicly the court would be awesome.

MikeyYeahYeah

MikeyYeahYeah

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I work in NYC so I'll prob head to Nevada for this game.

Think it would be a good idea to start a thread about attempting to find a good bar/place to watch the RedBulls away games in Central NJ?

There is strength in numbers. I think even bigger bars would be willing to accomadate soccer if the numbers were right. I will be willing to call any bar and speak to the manager about getting something going. I would say we would need about 20 - 30 people to let them know we are serious. Some ideas based on this thread alone listed below:

Fox and Hound Edison, NJ
North Brunswick Pub North Brunswick, NJ
Court Tavern New Brusnswick, NJ

Any other ideas?

lakaix15

lakaix15

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Supports:RBNY and Wisla Krakow

120's house, remember?