19 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So Troy doesn't think he is a #6. He is clearly not a #10, for how many times does he give up the ball, stalling the attack?

He has his moments, but there are far and between. More often than not, it's "win the ball, pass it to the other team". FIRST percentile pass completion! He is worse than every single other comparable midfielder. I know we don't play the passing game, but come on. Worst!

With Morgan and Amaya coming back, Casseres, Luquinhas, Stroud, Edelman... is there room for him in central midfield? Maybe some League One team wants to take a flyer? He was good in League One...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Should sell CCJ especially if interest from Toulouse is true

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
I agree with the yearwood take. We have a lot of talent when it comes to CMs.. CCJ, amaya, Edelman, stroud, Luquinhas but what about the idea of packaging yearwood and wiki for another #10 thats a good passer?

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

I agree with the yearwood take. We have a lot of talent when it comes to CMs.. CCJ, amaya, Edelman, stroud, Luquinhas but what about the idea of packaging yearwood and wiki for another #10 thats a good passer?

packaged to who?

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

packaged to who?

No idea but doesnt hurt to call around the league.. this team is missing a klejstan type passer.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

No idea but doesnt hurt to call around the league.. this team is missing a klejstan type passer.

yea but why would another team take those players and give up a high level 10. In order to package them they have to be worth trading for

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Agree on selling someone
Yearwood is not a 10 - I think Troy is trying him places as he knows it is about to get crowded

Would be great sale CCJ to Toulouse with loan thru end season as I think his contract is up

LAG can only bring in MLS players - send Yearwood or Amaya out there ?
Not happening but ricki puig would be insane

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

yea but why would another team take those players and give up a high level 10. In order to package them they have to be worth trading for

Im not saying that it has to be a DP player. were all just spitballing here. DM depth is our teams strength so why not use it to upgrade other postions. Hopefully Schneider and hamlet could see our need for a playmaker. And another LB, striker and CB while were at it.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Schneider is going to have to mine the European leagues for a young, up-and-coming #10. Not sure we have the right Latin American scouting and connections. Move Yearwood within the league for a depth addition or two.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Schneider is going to have to mine the European leagues for a young, up-and-coming #10. Not sure we have the right Latin American scouting and connections. Move Yearwood within the league for a depth addition or two.

or just keep him he has a green card and use him as an 8 when you sell CCJ

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

What is Yearwood even worth at this point?  Who wants him, especially at the salary he is being paid in MLS?  He can't contribute much to one of the worst teams in the league (RBNY) and makes over $500,000 as the 4th highest paid player on the team.  Maybe that team in Israel that bought Klimala will take him.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Im not saying that it has to be a DP player. were all just spitballing here. DM depth is our teams strength so why not use it to upgrade other postions. Hopefully Schneider and hamlet could see our need for a playmaker. And another LB, striker and CB while were at it.

We r 3 deep at lb now tolkin Harper Nealis mullings? Ofori Reid
Other positions are ok
Good cam is need but depends on a few things
Not saying no to an Acosta like player

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
I really thought this would be a breakout season for Yearwood, and while the preseason injury didn't help I'm leaning towards agreeing that he doesn't really have a place in this team he can thrive.

Our #6's are playing more conservatively this year so he's not a good fit there. He's clearly not a #10/striker as we've seen the last few weeks. I can only really imagine him being the #8 in a different formation but you kinda have to build the midfield around him because of what a wildcard he is, and he's not good enough to warrant that.

Assuming he's nearing the end of his contract, if someone is willing to make a reasonable offer this summer I'd be inclined to take it.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Yearwood looks rusty with his passing. He hasnt been the same since he had that incident with that fan. Before that, Edelman and yearwood looked like our best combo. With the revelation of stroud, i would like them to upgrade the position by selling casseres, amaya and yearwood for a better player.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Some decisions have to eventually be made, it's def true.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users