120 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

How many months ago was that? We've seen the regular season dominance before. Acquiring a Will Bruin / Patrick Mullins level bench forward would go a long way to alleviating concerns.

I feel like there's not as many "MLS-4-life backup strikers" out there as there was in MLS 2.0

What's Chad Barrett up to these days?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I feel like there's not as many "MLS-4-life backup strikers" out there as there was in MLS 2.0

What's Chad Barrett up to these days?

Wondo is in a real shitty situation right now. Id put him on our bench for that 80th minute sub when you need to knock something down in the box...CAUSE WE KNOW THATS GONNA HAPPEN.

Look, there are an incredible amount of soccer player all over the world that could help us. Yes, finding an impact mid that can score goals and run all day is hard. But finding a guy to knock service home in the 80th minute is not. Finding outside back depth is not.

It comes down to how much money Red Bull is putting into scouting and how much they are willing to spend to get the guys they scout.

Which right now looks like $0.

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

No Wondo, ever.

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It comes down to how much money Red Bull is putting into scouting and how much they are willing to spend to get the guys they scout.

Which right now looks like $0.

Agreed. They've improved with regard to opening the check book and not going all 100% Billy Bean-cheapo/MoneyBall on us, but it does feel like they are deliberately not using all the available mechanisms/resources to make the team better.

open roster spots, unused allocation $ that expires. but we have holes in this lineup/roster. had the injuries not occurred, then standing pat and improving via backfilling the roster with RB2 promotions is fine. but that's not the situation currently. and it's necessary to fill these spots to prepare for the next yr, so that they don't have to rush and panic. acquire players to prevent roster concerns, not acquire players to react to roster concerns. disappointing to see that there'll always be a "Stand Pat" crowd in this fanbase. very small-time thinking.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Any word on when we may actually see Ivan?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Have to figure it's going to be a while.. After the visa stuff gets settled, you know he'll practice with the team a bunch and then eventually get some games with the 2's. Just hoping he's good because it's going to be really tough to win with either Muyl or Etienne starting.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Wondo ... on our bench for that 80th minute sub when you need to knock something down in the box...CAUSE WE KNOW THATS GONNA HAPPEN.

Yeah! I remember how that late goal put us through to the quarter-finals over Belgium in 2014 in Brazil!
Oh, wait ...
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=UhItEAEeaRk

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Chris Armas said new signing Andreas Ivan is expected to join the team "in the next day or so" Also #RBNY is looking to add "a few more pieces in this window"

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Chris Armas said new signing Andreas Ivan is expected to join the team "in the next day or so" Also #RBNY is looking to add "a few more pieces in this window"

window ends 8/8.  hum.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

sounds like Moreno. not opposed to it, not my 1st choice. 

and no to Rossi. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Hard to figure anything.  After Ivan, we don't have an international slot open, but I guess things can be done there to fix that.

With Ivan being signed, I'd only add another one more winger and to be honest, I'd prefer Moreno in that situation.  Keep rewarding kids at RB 2 who do well, it sends an important message.

On top of that, as others have said, we need a legit backup striker option and we need a RB if Murillo leaves. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

LAFC is

https://www.mlssocce...-and-signs-lafc

Meram is off the board.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If Dyer's reporting is to be believed, Rossi won't be picked up by RBNY. Who knows who has his 'discovery rights' however. 

I'd expect a move for a forward out of favor at another MLS club, similar to the Saer Sene acquisition. Obviously Sene sucks, but you get the idea.

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

So Ivan, now White. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Massive deals so far...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users