847 replies to this topic

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Was out and about coming back from the gym.  It was cold so I reached into my gym bag for my ski cap until I realized it was the Red Bull one that I had bought at the Bull Shop.  

I decided I'd rather have a cold head than put the brand out there!

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Yup, it was so cold out there I saw politicians walking around with their hands in their own pockets.

Rim shot!

Sorry, couldn't resist, lifted it from Walt Frazier.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

RedBullOut

RedBullOut

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:The sale of our club

Running From History: #RedBullOut

http://redbullout.bl...out-beauty.html

The beauty of club soccer across the world is the unique experiences shared between fan and club over the years.  Fans look back and remember the highs and lows of their favorite club, recalling the good times and bad.  They remember the men who suited up for the local team and especially those who wore the shirt with pride.  They remember the managers who led their team to glory and they remember the singular moments when the seemingly unthinkable happened.  Visit a bar in Dortmund and you’re sure to hear tales of Hitzfeld and the miracle Champions League victory he orchestrated against Zidane, Vieri and the heavily favored Juventus.  Visit Celtic Park and the bronzed Jock Stein statue is impossible to miss.  A club's history defines and colors its identity. 

But history can be a strange beast when your club is owned by a soft drink.   Fans of New York’s original MLS club know all too well that history can be forgotten by the men with the money.  When history is glossed over - or ignored completely in this case – you tend to find that it keeps repeating itself.   When your club is short on trophies, this is not a good thing.

RedBullOut

RedBullOut

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Please continue to share this on social media using the #RedBullOut and also through interactions with the @redbullout handle.  Facebook sharing is encouraged as well.  You'll be seeing more from us this week.  

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That fucking track jacket...

#RedBullOut

joshikon

joshikon

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

True. Fans keep forgetting. Hope this doesn't happen again. The Lalas's video tells that the best.

MetroBlknWht

MetroBlknWht

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Supports:metro

Love this! Excellent job!

RedBullOut

RedBullOut

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

A Timeline Of Turmoil: #RedBullOut

http://redbullout.bl...of-turmoil.html

While turnover is often a constant in the sporting world, Red Bull has managed to make our club a virtual revolving door of coaches, executives, and front office personnel.  When there is no continuity in a club there is virtually no institutional learning.  This is how past mistakes are forgotten and repeated by later regimes.

You'll find that history repeats itself when it comes to this club.  This is the #RedBullMonday Timeline of Turmoil.

Continue to use the hashtag and @RedBullOut in mentions to reporters.  We want to get the hashtag trending in NYC Metro by Friday.

tilt215

tilt215

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY, Jersey SkyBlue

http://en.wikipedia....ullOut_Movement

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
If you ever wondered why some of us old guys fucking hate de Grandpre...

March 9, 2007: Marc de Grandpre fires youth director (and at time, leading scorer in club history) Giovanni Savarese. At the time, Savarese led what was considered to be the premier youth development program in MLS.

May 7, 2007: Armen Simoniants, the former manager of Moldovan Premier side FC Olympia Belts is named youth director

May 22, 2007: Armen Simoniants fired for lying on his resume.

August 13, 2007: Bob Montgomery, former Adelphi head coach is named Youth Director

November 5, 2007: De Grandpre fires Arena after his first full season on the job. When asked what would have taken to keep Bruce on: "Win MLS Cup. That was the expectation we set forth."

December 18, 2007: De Grandpre hires away Juan Carlos Osorio from Chicago, giving up allocation and draft picks.

#RedBullOut

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

If you ever wondered why some of us old guys fucking hate de Grandpre...

March 9, 2007: Marc de Grandpre fires youth director (and at time, leading scorer in club history) Giovanni Savarese. At the time, Savarese led what was considered to be the premier youth development program in MLS.

May 7, 2007: Armen Simoniants, the former manager of Moldovan Premier side FC Olympia Belts is named youth director

May 22, 2007: Armen Simoniants fired for lying on his resume.

August 13, 2007: Bob Montgomery, former Adelphi head coach is named Youth Director

November 5, 2007: De Grandpre fires Arena after his first full season on the job. When asked what would have taken to keep Bruce on: "Win MLS Cup. That was the expectation we set forth."

December 18, 2007: De Grandpre hires away Juan Carlos Osorio from Chicago, giving up allocation and draft picks.

Might as well add fired once and most certainly twice to the list in the future.  He should have stayed in in Atlanta.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Strategically, we need to get as many people following that @RedBullOut account on twitter and get people to be consistently using that #RedBullOut hashtag.  That's how a movement grows in this day and age, and I suggest people tell other fans of this  club to do just that.  

#RedBullOut

pooperscooper

pooperscooper

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Arsenal

metro-protest_V5.jpg

joshikon

joshikon

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

http://en.wikipedia....ullOut_Movement

This is now removed from wiki? Wonder how the process wiki process works. I hope someone finds a way to make sure this cant be taken off

joshikon

joshikon

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

This is now removed from wiki? Wonder how the process wiki process works. I hope someone finds a way to make sure this cant be taken off

May be they have dedicated interns to keep taking this out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users