break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Dan and Brad, 

Thank you for keeping this site going. I can't think of another team in the NY area where there is a forum such as this to connect with other fans, share memories, talk about tactics and players, and allow us to bond through electronic means. Each one of you guys on here I feel like I'm connected to in some way or another and I'm glad I've gotten to know you guys throughout the course of the year and even share a few brews with you at El Pastor. I'm so fuckin' excited for the playoffs and to bring home the big prize. 

FORZA METRO!

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:RBNY
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Dan and Brad, 

Thank you for keeping this site going. I can't think of another team in the NY area where there is a forum such as this to connect with other fans, share memories, talk about tactics and players, and allow us to bond through electronic means. Each one of you guys on here I feel like I'm connected to in some way or another and I'm glad I've gotten to know you guys throughout the course of the year and even share a few brews with you at El Pastor. I'm so fuckin' excited for the playoffs and to bring home the big prize. 

FORZA METRO!

Out of likes, so +1 to you, sir.  Forza Metro!

Proud supporter and STH of RBNY - In it through thick and thin.

Forza Metro! We love ya. Oh, and Fuck DC scum.

twitter: @mromilio

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA

This is where I started to become a true fan.  Thank you so much for your efforts over the years.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I was talking to Nittany last night and he mentioned MLS put together a short documentary about the "Metro Curse" which the MF guys were quoted in. Does anyone have a link to that video? Would like to see it.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I was talking to Nittany last night and he mentioned MLS put together a short documentary about the "Metro Curse" which the MF guys were quoted in. Does anyone have a link to that video? Would like to see it.

http://www.soccerpub...showtopic=46567

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:France, PSG, Metros

Not to take anything away from Dan and Brad - but also a big shout out to ESC leadership over the years too.

Starting with Kevin from Queens back in the day (I started going to games in 96, Joined ESC in 97), to Corey, etc.

Cheers!

#RedBullOUT

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Some newcomers need to check out some of the other publications, which existed in that Samizdat era before the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samizdat

http://content.mtbftr.net/

The only google link to The Stars and Beyond was in this MF nugget:

http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=1757

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY

I'll echo what's already been said.  It's been a wonderful, maddening pleasure to use and persue the site since the earliest of days.  Thank you, Dan and Brad, for every you do, have done, will do.

Dan is the guest on this week's Seeing Red.  Hope you'll listen to a very very special episode.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

http://www.soccerpub...showtopic=46567

This is incredible. 

Thanks to the two of you. This community has long been a part of my life and I'll always be grateful for the special people I've met along the way. From a little boy shaving his head on rhett harty day to where I'm at now, there are a million memories. 999,999 of them fucking sucked, glad we got 1 (hyperbolic much?) 

Bleed_For_Metro

Bleed_For_Metro

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Gentlemen,

Been a lurker for a long time and glad I stumbled upon your site several years ago as I never knew such a great resource of news existed for our much maligned franchise. Never signed up to post before but figure now is as good a time as any.

Thank you for all you guys do, really an incredible  site you run and a great place for a one stop shop to catch up and read our Metro news in a media hub that unjustifiably brushes aside the team. It's great to have a place to swing by during the day and have a resource of several hundred more Metro Fanatics to read their thoughts on the team in addition to the days we get to drink up, sing and dance in the South Ward.

A big congratulations to you two as all the effort you put in here every day, you now finally have a mantle piece to be proud of!! And now off for silverware #2!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Been a lurker for a long time ... Never signed up to post before but figure now is as good a time as any.

Welcome! :cheers:

Rational discourse is always a welcome addition to this site.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Bleed_For_Metro

Bleed_For_Metro

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Welcome! :cheers:

Rational discourse is always a welcome addition to this site.

Haha thank you. Much appreciated. Thought long and hard about it being too cliche to join now, but eff it. Cheers! I look forward to the challenge of thrusting myself into conversations without being pitchfork and torched as a shoobie newcomer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users