1704 replies to this topic

break516beatz

break516beatz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

This club is a fucking joke. It's the same shit every fucking year. Oh, and fuck Red Bull. 

That's it. That's all I have. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

That's not true. Vancouver over two legs had no passes up the middle, they needed to go out wide or over the top. The trend was very pronounced. 

At least they used their strengths. What are ours? Do we have one anymore? The press works when players execute and find themselves in good spots too. We were so bad in passing and possession that we looked like a Div 2 teams.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Anyone bother to watch Vancouver last night?  I saw just the highlights guess what worked? Crosses.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,338 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Tigres dominated possession in the 1st half for sure. All the stats leaned in their favor. VAN tried to do what they always do, bunker and counter. Worked right up to the OG. Also, Tigres' roster has 20 players worth more than 1m Euros. Lotsa talent. Hope FCDallas does the job, at least they're not boring to watch. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Dallas is such a great team. Big 2-1 win in first leg. If they play like they have they will make finals and give Tigres a run for their money. I dont know goebthey didnt win it all last year.( Proving how stupid the playoffs can be)

LONG LIVE METRO

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Dallas is such a great team. Big 2-1 win in first leg. If they play like they have they will make finals and give Tigres a run for their money. I dont know goebthey didnt win it all last year.( Proving how stupid the playoffs can be)

Good crowd too.  Hope it continues throughout the year. Hate seeing that place (and Houston) look so empty on TV.  People there should realize they're one of the best clubs in the league right now. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,842 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Did we watch the same game? The crowd was awfully small. The away goal they gave up is going to be a killer. 2-1 at home is a bad result.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

not for nothing but there were plenty of empty seats at the VAN Tigres match. (at least within camera view).

Vargas is such an awesome player  - exciting to watch  - (yeah I know pipe dream that is why I am not even posting it in Random Player Name Thread - lol)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Did we watch the same game? The crowd was awfully small. The away goal they gave up is going to be a killer. 2-1 at home is a bad result.

Yea MLS team beating a top Mexican team at home is a bad result... It's not a great result competition wise but mls is and always will be a huge underdog vs Mexican teams so in reality it is a great result for Dallas and MLS. But I guess if you're delusional like garber and believe the MLS is on it's way to becoming a top league then I guess 2 1 win at home is a bad result.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#RedBullOUT

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

The away goal they gave up is going to be a killer. 2-1 at home is a bad result.

Not ideal but not the end of the world. They know they can score on them so I expect them to get atleast one in Mexico. They just need to tie and they are good.

LONG LIVE METRO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users