Is Armas a good successor to Marsch?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: chris armas is a good successor to jesse marsch (71 member(s) have cast votes)

chris armas is a good successor to jesse marsch

1. yes (16 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

2. no (4 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

3. till early to tell (51 votes [71.83%])

Percentage of vote: 71.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Possession will also help our already decent goals against avg. They can't score if the other team doesn't have the ball, and as long as we defend better as a team on set pieces. We are by far the best defense in the league, irrespective of who's coach. 

Theres a difference between possession and playing out of the back. You can possess the ball higher up the pitch.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

My gut reaction is no based on the way we've played, but NYC and SKC are both teams that you have to expect tough games against.  I'm waiting to see our next couple games before making any judgements. 

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MichaelMejido

MichaelMejido

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Are 2 games in enough time to judge his abilities? The time looked sluggish versus the blue poseurs. The same can be said for first half kc. Were we just lucky with the subs rescuing the team from bad loss?

?

91kQCAwJLmL._SL1500_-715x492.jpg

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

?

91kQCAwJLmL._SL1500_-715x492.jpg

underrated

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
I think its ok to say Armas has been bad and lucky so far, but think he can turn it around.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

That NYC game is a wash. First game for Armas, first game for the team after Marsch peaced out on them, NYC is solid, Valot injury days before, the extra slippery 7s field of Yankee Stadium, July 2018 Royer not being July 2017 Royer...

Armas seems to be trying to fold in some new dimensions, so hopefully he gets results during what is unavoidably a settling in period for him and the team. Jesse won a fuckton of games with the guys, they aren't machines to be unaffected by his absence in the YS visitors locker room. Hope the team gets the needed signings so the bald Bori has every opportunity to succeed here.

But yeah...roughish start.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

My gut reaction is no based on the way we've played, but NYC and SKC are both teams that you have to expect tough games against.  I'm waiting to see our next couple games before making any judgements. 

For real, especially KC I've not seen a single other person credit them for how well they played against us. They move the ball side to side better than anyone I've seen against us (achilles heel of our press), they attacked the right areas of the field when they got in our half, and they finished off plays. People are acting like we basically scored an own goal in the first half, KC completed something like 8 passes through 5 players after winning possession back on their first goal.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Possession will also help our already decent goals against avg. They can't score if the other team doesn't have the ball, and as long as we defend better as a team on set pieces. We are by far the best defense in the league, irrespective of who's coach. 

also having the ball is less physically demanding than always chasing it.  Which in some games should allow us to crank up the press at the end of games when the other team is more tired, and more prone to mistakes.  Will see if it works, but happy he is trying something.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

also having the ball is less physically demanding than always chasing it.  Which in some games should allow us to crank up the press at the end of games when the other team is more tired, and more prone to mistakes.  Will see if it works, but happy he is trying something.

Good points and agree

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

with the way how marsch ramped up the team, he wanted them to play running 105% on the reactor, win the ball quick and go fwd to goal. 

armas seems like run the press at 85%-90%, last 30 mins, you still have some in the tank for the press and prevent any goals scored.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I'm not sure where to put this, but it seems like someone thinks Armas is not a good coach (or that some other guy would be better:)

15bc6465-497c-409a-a5f4-0ed411f8e69d.png

screen grab from this morning.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Where is the obligatory Fire Armas thread?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
"some other guy" Parreira = Joao Luiz, Branco, Guido.
29 total games played for Metro.
First missed playoffs.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Gotta hand it to Armas outside of that goofy NYCFC game and the first half against the Crew he has been getting it done.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Gotta hand it to Armas outside of that goofy NYCFC game and the first half against the Crew he has been getting it done.

I dont have much of a problem wirh that NYCFC game. Field was unplayable and the smurfs made it ugly as hell. Without that error in the back we escape with a clean sheet and a point.

The crew game was a disaster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users