JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Solution? Two half-seasons?
Play 17 games from mid-August to mid-December.
Play 17 games from late February through early June.
Playoffs through June.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Playoffs through June.

Yes, I think we need to get a little creative. I'm not advocating that we play through the winter months, but we need to respect international breaks and transfer windows better. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Playoffs through June.

agreed..
That or just go to a single table.. But no pro reg.. I would love to see it..

Just have a single table.. There is a salary cap.. It's not Europe where there is such a belief hierarchical nature of the world... And because of that team's have inherited the financial success of prior generations of the same team.. Some teams are just happy not being relegated because they have no history and don't have the financial muscle.

Well it's MLS no one here has the history of Real Madrid or Bayern or Manchester United or Juventus..

So everyone in MLS should think they are just as important and have the same clout as anyone else in the league..

Because of the salary cap!!

they should all have the same financial muscle..

Make a single table and thus it will force every team to go out and win every ir get every point they can..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Just have a single table...

There already is a Shield single table on mlssoccer.com
The problem is the unbalanced 34-game schedule. 22 teams would each have to play a 42-game schedule for a proper double-round-robin format. That is not going to happen.
24 teams would create a semi-balanced format, with each division playing a 22-game schedule against 11 divisional rivals and 12 games against the other division, 6 home and 6 away.
Unfortunately, Garner thinks he can extract those $200 Million expansion fees at least 4 more times, as he has mentioned 28 teams as the goal. Who knows what odd schedules will be confusing soccer fans in years to come?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users