Photo

LEAGUE CBA THREAD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

Poll: CBA poll (57 member(s) have cast votes)

So who do you thing is in the right when it comes to the gap in negotiating the new CBA

1. Players Union (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

2. Owners (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

3. Both (29 votes [50.88%])

Percentage of vote: 50.88%

Vote

#16 tonyni

tonyni

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

I've got extra space in my apartment, and wouldn't mind a few roommates... though I doubt they'd like the commute :lol:

#17 firefan1998

firefan1998

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

so has anybody heard of any more news about negotiations? the last i heard was the two sides still aren't coming to agreements.

#18 Section 8 El Guapo

Section 8 El Guapo

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire...Beer....Women....Beer....Section 8....Beer....Women.....New England Sucks......Beer....Duck Fallas....Beer.....
  • Supports:Your mom at Polkatz

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

so has anybody heard of any more news about negotiations? the last i heard was the two sides still aren't coming to agreements.

How about the supporters take over while the stike is going on.

Each time the team take the field, shot.

When the whistle is blown, shot.

kick the ball, shot.

score a goal, keg stand.

half time, bloody marys

goalie makes margaritas when the ball is on the other side.

end of game, drink off.

Chicago Fire (Section 8) undefeated throughout the season and takes the MLS Cup.
WB05

UNA VIDA...UNA MUERTE...UN CLUB

#19 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

RT: @SoccerByIves: "Based on the latest news I’ve heard from both sides, there wont be a lock out or strike on Feb 1."-- Freddie Ljungberg.

#20 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

RT: @SoccerByIves: "Based on the latest news I’ve heard from both sides, there wont be a lock out or strike on Feb 1."-- Freddie Ljungberg.

Let's hope Freddie Ljungberg has a clue what he is talking about.

#21 bkfiv

bkfiv

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

This if from the same Freddie L that the fat Bastard reported didn't show up to Sounders camp citing the Lockout. I'm hopeful they figure something out, but I need to see something from any source besides these 2 jerkoffs to feel safer about it.

#22 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

This if from the same Freddie L that the fat Bastard reported didn't show up to Sounders camp citing the Lockout. I'm hopeful they figure something out, but I need to see something from any source besides these 2 jerkoffs to feel safer about it.

I hope we find something out soon, I have a plane ticket to New York to purchase!

#23 schwerve

schwerve

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

This if from the same Freddie L that the fat Bastard reported didn't show up to Sounders camp citing the Lockout.  I'm hopeful they figure something out, but I need to see something from any source besides these 2 jerkoffs to feel safer about it.

http://freddie.speak...eam-in-seattle/

#24 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

How about the supporters take over while the stike is going on.

Each time the team take the field, shot.

When the whistle is blown, shot.

kick the ball, shot.

score a goal, keg stand.

half time, bloody marys

goalie makes margaritas when the ball is on the other side.

end of game, drink off.

Chicago Fire (Section 8) undefeated throughout the season and takes the MLS Cup.

I would love to see about 22 people rent one of the nice boxes and do this. I'm in. We would have to define a few things such as what constitutes kicking the ball and have puking buckets but I like where this is going.

#25 firefan1998

firefan1998

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

more news from goff:
http://voices.washin...tions.html#more

#26 Huck1eberry

Huck1eberry

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:The Wife. The Fire. Education. Comics. Reading.
  • Supports:Fire Fire Fire

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

http://freddie.speak...eam-in-seattle/

WHAT A DOUCHE!

#27 mdale10

mdale10

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, USA, Man Utd

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

This is not good! not good at all!

MLS labor talks stall work stoppage looms

"We feel the league's not taking us very seriously at all," said Houston goalkeeper Pat Onstad, a member of the player's union executive committee. "We're pretty far apart at this stage.

"Earlier in January there were some indications that some progress was going to be made, but right now, I think the negotiations are really in a bad place," Onstad said. "We're a long way from getting this deal done."

"All I can say from our standpoint, from the player's standpoint, is that we're ready for a work stoppage," Onstad said. "We're very unified and the guys are adamant that there needs to be major changes in the CBA and right now it's just not on the table, and as far as we're concerned, we don't want to play under those conditions."

What the fuck is garber doing? He must realize that if theres a strike then the league is dead.

#28 firefan1998

firefan1998

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

http://www.soccerbyi...cisms.html#more

not good. apparently it sounds like the league will not bend on the free agency rule. the latest extension ends on thursday.
Strike=RIP MLS

#29 sopot26

sopot26

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Supports:Biale Orly, KP Sopot, Chicago Fire

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

http://www.torontosu...1/12972016.html

The MLS is assuring fans it will not initiate a lockout this week — or anytime this season.

The league is offering to play the season under the current CBA, as it and the union continue to negotiate a new deal.

“We don't need an extension,” said MLS president Mark Abbott Sunday. “We can continue to play under the current CBA as we continue to negotiate.”

While the MLS season doesn't begin until the last weekend of March, the first key date is March 9, when the Columbus Crew is scheduled to meet Mexican giant Toluca in the CONCACAF Champions League quarter-finals. Abbott said the league expects the Crew will be able to honour its international commitments.

“I think they (CONCACAF) are aware of the CBA negotiations, but they don't have any reason yet to be concerned about this,” said Abbott. “I think the expectations are that the games will move forward.”

Over the weekend, Major League Soccer veteran defender Jimmy Conrad and Canadian netminder Pat Onstad blasted the league for ignoring the demands of the players' union. They argued that the league had not budged on free agency or right of first refusal. They cited Adrian Serioux's situation with Toronto FC — even though the club has stated he won't be back, it controls his rights even though his contract is done — as a prime example of why some sort of player movement rights are necessary. And both said that a strike could be initiated after the Feb. 25 negotiating deadline.

TFC is set to begin its season with a March 27 visit to Columbus.

While Onstad and Conrad's comments put fire into a negotiating process that both sides had worked hard to keep out of the press, their concerns haven't caused a cavalcade of angry quotes from players throughout the league. Training camps continue as scheduled.

Abbott countered that the MLS has offered to guarantee a number of contracts, and is working to improve the situation with right of first refusal — even though he could not go into specifics as those items are still on the negotiating table. And, the league is offering US$60 million in additional money to the player pool over the five-year term of the contract.

Talks are set to resume Monday. Abbott said while the league is not preparing to table another proposal, it will “continue to negotiate.”

#30 Steve the Arsonist

Steve the Arsonist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Shef. Utd., Hbrg City Islndrs

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

$60 mil over five years. 60 divided by 5=12 mil a year average across five years. 12 $mil divided by 18ish teams (16 in 2010, 18 in 2011, 19 in 2012, 20 after Beckham retires). Figuring that that cash starts smaller and builds over the five years, it's a rough average of $666,000 a year, per team.
That's crawling past a $3 mil calary cap over the next few years.

Meh.

Modify, not do away with (though a salary cap makes concern over free agency a red herring), free agency and let's get the season started already.

(Has it crossed anyone elses mind that keeping the current CBA would be the leagues wet dream?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users