acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

link

Toronto FC are ready to offload Jermain Defoe after indicating that the player no longer wants to play for the club.

The striker is expected to be available later this month following a groin injury and Toronto had previously said he was expected to return to the club to continue his rehabilitation next week.

However, The Canadian Press reported Leiweke as telling Ryerson students at the Ted Rogers School of Management: "I personally don't think Defoe will come back. I think if he doesn't want to be here, you get rid of him.

--------------------------

Welp, that didn't work out so well.

At least he's not going to rot there a la Marquez in NY, I guess.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

I like how they just get rid of a productive DP who doesn't want to be there anymore, but we clung to Marquez for years. 

Really puts shit in perspective.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
Like you couldn't see this coming when he got off the plane.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Looks like Defoe's people did their homework on what it means to play for an MLSE club. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,238 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He looked at the money they were offering and couldn't refuse.  He regrets the decision, it seems.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I like how they just get rid of a productive DP who doesn't want to be there anymore, but we clung to Marquez for years. 

Really puts shit in perspective.

They haven't gotten rid of him yet...  And by all indication, for those two years Marquez wanted to be here, if only to enjoy the city and collect the paycheck.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Torontovka is boiling with soccer during game days.  Defoe, well, he is TFC's Rafa.  http://www.thestar.c...more_weeks.html

I dunno, whatever, fuck TFC.  Hope they don't make the playoffs.  :)+  jackasses

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Metro collapsed Giants Stadium on them.  Best party ever, 5:0!!!

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

What the F is going in with Toronto?? They sold Doneil Henry to a Cyrptiot club which they refuse to name, and apparently he's been "on loan" with them since then. Bezbatchenko says "There's no change in his cap hit, so we didn't need to announce it."

http://www.leaderpos...8263/story.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users