42 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Whining is the stock-in-trade of the sports fan.
95% whine. 5% rage.

Except Philly, where it's 100% rage.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

and Thomas A Fina. 1000% rage, even when ND is undefeated. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

and Thomas A Fina. 1000% rage, even when ND is undefeated. 

I'm in a 1000% rage that my phone won't let me like this post.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,063 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Thomas A Fina. 1000% rage

I didn't mention TAF by name, but factored his 1,000% contribution into the 5% overall rage calculation.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts
  • Supports:My local MLS team
Hurricane, from this thread and other stuff I've seen you post, I have to assume that you are a kid. Since you are a kid, you haven't been around long enough to know what true Metro misery felt like. Long-time fans may be bummed that the team lost the Open Cup Final and lost in the playoffs, but we are well aware of exactly how bad things can actually get with this team. We have perspective that you don't have. I know that the playoff crash-out was disappointing, but chin up. It's much nicer to have the problems we have now than the problems we had in, say, 1999 or 2002.
Loyal supporter of the 2013 and 2015 MLS Champions: RBNY/Metro
RBNY II aka "The Baby Bulls" are the 2016 USL Cup Champions!

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I acknowledge that it's been pretty good for me in terms of being a fan. It's easy to say things never go well when they matter because there has ALWAYS been a moment where we lost and our season ended. That's going to be true for every team but one this year. Getting beat by another teams heroics though is one thing but this year the team had a chance to win the USOC when it mattered, and someone could have been a hero but one was not born. Is what it is ya know. TFC had us all the way honestly but I watch Houston sub on a guy known to score on Portland, and he does just that. If Houston wins MLS Cup, they'll remember that moment. He sealed the deal and sucked all life out of that building.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Peguy in the 2012 DC series didn't step up, sending us to the Conference finals?    Didn't win the Cup, but stepped up in an elimination game/playoffs when it mattered, definitely.

Winning the Shield on the final day of the season in 2013 wasn't stepping up when it counts?

That was 2014 against DC, 2012 against DC was a disaster.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If you've been a fan since 2011, you've seen the team perform in two must-win season finales to win the Shield. Including a Theirry Henry golazo to bring us level with the Fire in 2013 that spurred on four more goals, effectively turning the game into a stadium-wide party for the second half.

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, USMNT

If you've been a fan since 2011, you've seen the team perform in two must-win season finales to win the Shield. Including a Theirry Henry golazo to bring us level with the Fire in 2013 that spurred on four more goals, effectively turning the game into a stadium-wide party for the second half.

Looking at the last eight seasons (the Red Bull Arena era), we've been in three must win 'finals' so to speak: 2013 Shield clincher, 2015 Shield clincher, and 2017 US Open Cup Final.  We've taken two of three, and also made the MLS Cup playoffs all eight years.  It's better than a lot of teams.  I still feel that had we won the Open Cup this year, many of us would we be very content right now.  We need to get this Cup monkey off our back one day...hopefully soon!   

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Really think it comes down to that 2013 SS game against Chicago.  Remember it clearly.  We were down early and everything felt like "Here we go again". Even the energy from the stands felt that way.

Then Henry scores that great goal and the whole world changed. Everyone was flying around with confidence(including the fans) and I don't think any team was beating us that day.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Really think it comes down to that 2013 SS game against Chicago.  Remember it clearly.  We were down early and everything felt like "Here we go again". Even the energy from the stands felt that way.

Then Henry scores that great goal and the whole world changed. Everyone was flying around with confidence(including the fans) and I don't think any team was beating us that day.

And then we lost to a dog shit Houston team that had no business beating us in the playoffs, still pisses me off.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,063 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

had we won the Open Cup this year, many of us would ... be very content right now. 

Of course!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,733 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That was 2014 against DC, 2012 against DC was a disaster.

Duh.  Just seems so long ago, I guess

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users