930 replies to this topic

#61 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

How's Marlin (and Sam)? Who took him to get stitches?

Most importantly, who do I PAYPAL for my share of his medical bill?

Let's pitch in to take care of the dude (who still played the rest of the game with his eyebrow ooozing)...

tm

#62 Chalky

Chalky

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Paul and I took him. He needed 9 stitches. The taxpayers of America who smoke paid for it

And I'll go on record that Hothead Sam needs to find somewhere else to play.

#63 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Seriously, is anyone out of pocket for this or was this "county"?

Let's be clear.

tm

ps: Did I miss something about Sam? (probably)

#64 KANE 3

KANE 3

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

what happened to marlin?

play-by-play?

#65 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

Seriously, is anyone out of pocket for this or was this "county"?

Let's be clear.

tm

ps: Did I miss something about Sam? (probably)

Nobody is out of pocket. As for Sam, he doesn't seem to get that it is a friendly pick-up game and is constantly tackling from behind and going in full throttle. It was two minutes after chopping me down by kicking my leg twice that he slammed heads with Marlon. He just needs to find a league of other angry dudes looking to work out whatever is bothering them. Maybe his head wound will settle him down.

#66 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Pictures from our match versus B&G -

http://picasaweb.goo...UnitedFCVsBGFC#

I apologize in advance for the fact that these have a few more shots of me than they probably should, but my friend had the camera, and my daughter's pretty f-ing cute.

Posted Image

#67 mbarloewen

mbarloewen

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Nobody is out of pocket. As for Sam, he doesn't seem to get that it is a friendly pick-up game and is constantly tackling from behind and going in full throttle. It was two minutes after chopping me down by kicking my leg twice that he slammed heads with Marlon. He just needs to find a league of other angry dudes looking to work out whatever is bothering them. Maybe his head wound will settle him down.

Well I'll volunteer that I didn't see any of that. Sam and Marlon's collision was just a regular soccer play, there was nothing aggressive about either of their play as far as I saw. I also didn't notice any chop tackles either.

Last week I recall one tackle from behind by Sam that (while clean) shouldn't happen in a friendly game.

Seemed like a very good natured game to me with an unfortunate collision.

Mike

#68 Cristobal

Cristobal

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Location:live:Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, Heart: Los Angeles, Ca
  • Interests:Football(soccer), cycling, running, swimming, triathlons, Gym, Rugby, Music, beer,
  • Supports:Galaxy,USMT,MUFC,Barca,Glendale

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Nice pictures! I'm still looking forward to seeing T Mack's camera work on that steady cam.
BTW sounds like sunday was interesting, good to hear marlin is okay. Looking forward to this coming sunday my leg is feeling better i thought i might have torn something in my quad but it was nothing more than lactic acid buildup.
HONOR, HEART, PRIDE!

#69 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

Well I'll volunteer that I didn't see any of that. Sam and Marlon's collision was just a regular soccer play, there was nothing aggressive about either of their play as far as I saw. I also didn't notice any chop tackles either.

Last week I recall one tackle from behind by Sam that (while clean) shouldn't happen in a friendly game.

Seemed like a very good natured game to me with an unfortunate collision.

Mike

As someone who is a fellow 1st Generation American of English decent, I must say that Chalky frequently disappoints me in me in his estimation of what constitutes "Rough Play".

I'm of the opinion that he is must be descended from Romans.

#70 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

As someone who is a fellow 1st Generation American of English decent, I must say that Chalky frequently disappoints me in me in his estimation of what constitutes "Rough Play".

I'm of the opinion that he is must be descended from Romans.

I wasn't gonna say anything up till now, but . . Nah. Gotta back Chalky here. Sam's been back two weeks now, and in that time he's -
1) done a two handed push into Marlin's back as Marlin is about to shoot on goal.
2) done a sliding studs-up tackle on Rafael from behind
3) Did the whole head-thingy with Marlin - which probably wasn't his fault, but it's a fucking pick-up game guys.

I will also speak to what Sam was like before his 3 month hiatus. A few months ago, someone had made the mistake of passing me the ball. Anyone who plays with me will tell you - I can't control the ball to save my life. If you are an opponent, all you really have to do is come towards me and I'll probably panic and kick it right to you.

That said, the pass bounced off of me (touch of a rapist, me) and went about four feet away. I started to move towards it, but was interrupted by Sam JUMPING ON MY FUCKING ANKLE, AND THEN FOLLOWING THROUGH WITH A SHOULDER CHECK, just to make sure I hit the ground.

Now, I play physically. I'm French-Canadian, what can I do. I'll throw an elbow (low - never above shoulders), I'll use my weight to keep someone off the ball. I try not to use my feet too freely when I defend, because I know I'm not experienced enough to tackle very cleanly.

Sam doesn't have these issues. He just sorta rolls with whatever impulse hits him.

I like the guy, he seems nice.

Point being, this isn't even league-ball. We're a bunch of guys getting together on a Sunday. We all have to work on Monday.

#71 mbarloewen

mbarloewen

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

I wasn't gonna say anything up till now, but . . Nah. Gotta back Chalky here. Sam's been back two weeks now, and in that time he's -
1) done a two handed push into Marlin's back as Marlin is about to shoot on goal.
2) done a sliding studs-up tackle on Rafael from behind
3) Did the whole head-thingy with Marlin - which probably wasn't his fault, but it's a fucking pick-up game guys.

I will also speak to what Sam was like before his 3 month hiatus. A few months ago, someone had made the mistake of passing me the ball. Anyone who plays with me will tell you - I can't control the ball to save my life. If you are an opponent, all you really have to do is come towards me and I'll probably panic and kick it right to you.

That said, the pass bounced off of me (touch of a rapist, me) and went about four feet away. I started to move towards it, but was interrupted by Sam JUMPING ON MY FUCKING ANKLE, AND THEN FOLLOWING THROUGH WITH A SHOULDER CHECK, just to make sure I hit the ground.

Now, I play physically. I'm French-Canadian, what can I do. I'll throw an elbow (low - never above shoulders), I'll use my weight to keep someone off the ball. I try not to use my feet too freely when I defend, because I know I'm not experienced enough to tackle very cleanly.

Sam doesn't have these issues. He just sorta rolls with whatever impulse hits him.

I like the guy, he seems nice.

Point being, this isn't even league-ball. We're a bunch of guys getting together on a Sunday. We all have to work on Monday.

Well, it's certainly possible there was more going on then I was aware of.

Anyway, looking forward to playing again tomorrow.

#72 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

I think everything will be cool tomorrow, and I look forward to playing with you bastards in the morning!

VIVA VALLEY SECESSION UNITED!!!!!

tm

#73 Cristobal

Cristobal

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Location:live:Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, Heart: Los Angeles, Ca
  • Interests:Football(soccer), cycling, running, swimming, triathlons, Gym, Rugby, Music, beer,
  • Supports:Galaxy,USMT,MUFC,Barca,Glendale

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:35 AM

I am on the fence for tomorrow. I have been home all day with a stomach virus and been drinking enough water to fill a pool. hopefully I feel better so I can play. Viva VSUFC
HONOR, HEART, PRIDE!

#74 Johnakin

Johnakin

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Supports:Hope Solo ;)

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

Was anyone planning on playing tomorrow (3/22) or is everyone taking the week off b/c of the Galaxy game?  I also saw there is a chance of rain tomorrow but I haven't been able to play in a few weeks so was hoping to...

#75 MMC

MMC

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Arsenal

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

i wasn't able to get a ticket for tomorrow so i was planning on heading to the field in the morning to see if anyone would show up. mud sounds like some fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users