NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Plus Miazga with the U-20's.  

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=41279

“We have gotten a little bit of feedback. Kemar clearly, Roy, Karl – those three for sure," Marsch said after training on Thursday. "Matt we're still missing so we're waiting for him to come back. Then there's little things out there about some of the other guys. It's mostly defenders right now – and we kind of anticipated that – so it's we have a lot of depth in the backline."

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

So let me get this straight.  We're going to play two friendlies, on top of the Open Cup matches while the Gold Cup is still going on.  We have...one legitimate backup for BWP...maybe?  Losing both left backs and the 3 main backups at the CB position (Miazga, Ouimette, Miller)?

This is all exacerbated by the fact that we signed Zubar, who has been hurt since March and hasn't played more than 20 games in a single year since 2009.  Our main backup for Sam (Richards) is probably gone. 

What depth do you really have if all of the depth is on international duty?  Why is Curtis getting a pass for signing a guy who is clearly injury prone to be a main part of this backline?  

#RedBullOut

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I'd imagine we call up a bunch of USL players for the friendlies. We can't really do that for league games, but for friendlies there should be no such roster restrictions.

We do have 2 regular season games during the Gold Cup - July 11 vs New England and July 18 @ Orlando. The last group stage game at the Gold Cup is July 15 so presumably we could get back some of the Gold cuppers if their team gets knocked out early.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So let me get this straight.  We're going to play two friendlies, on top of the Open Cup matches while the Gold Cup is still going on.  We have...one legitimate backup for BWP...maybe?  Losing both left backs and the 3 main backups at the CB position (Miazga, Ouimette, Miller)?

This is all exacerbated by the fact that we signed Zubar, who has been hurt since March and hasn't played more than 20 games in a single year since 2009.  Our main backup for Sam (Richards) is probably gone. 

What depth do you really have if all of the depth is on international duty?  Why is Curtis getting a pass for signing a guy who is clearly injury prone to be a main part of this backline?  

Who's giving Curtis a pass?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Wouldnt be suprised to see Dax or Sascha gone for the Gold Cup too.

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Wonder if any of this was addressed in that 300 page plan? Lack of depth in our roster always seems to be an issue due to losing players for international games. Then Red Bull insists on playing these friendlies which exacerbates the situation.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Wonder if any of this was addressed in that 300 page plan? Lack of depth in our roster always seems to be an issue due to losing players for international games. Then Red Bull insists on playing these friendlies which exacerbates the situation.

the friendlies aren't the problem. we could field our entire USL team if we wanted for those games. 

the problem is injuries, call-ups, and a crappy roster outside of players #1 through #14.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

the friendlies aren't the problem. we could field our entire USL team if we wanted for those games. 

the problem is injuries, call-ups, and a crappy roster outside of players #1 through #14.

We can, but do you honestly think Marsch will be allowed to rest the stars for Chelski?  

#RedBullOut

MadisonMetro

MadisonMetro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Kljestan goes.  When was the last time Dax played for the national team though?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Dax was called in early last year (with Eric Alexander) but didn't play.

Always a Catch 22 with call-ups. I hate when our guys don't get called up that deserve it and I hate when they do get called up and miss games. So, Unfortunately/fortunately very few of our players in the history of this club, even more so recently, have been called up during their tenures here.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

It is a scheduling problem that MLS needs to work around. If you want to grow the game in the States then you want players who are good enough to play on their national team. It really hurts the league however when meaningful players are missing a chunk of the season. 

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

Klinnsmann doesn't like them, so I don't expect it. But also losing one of them won't be as big of a blow as our defense though.

You can't even say they all had breakout seasons and thus the callups are a surprise. The likes of Miller, Taxi, and Ouimette were all national team regulars before being signed/season starting.

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

We can, but do you honestly think Marsch will be allowed to rest the stars for Chelski?  

What stars?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Hope this means we get to see the AJB Conor Lade CB duo we have all been clamoring for. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

I really hope we do not have to play Connor Lade at CB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users