591 replies to this topic

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

I didn't watch Ream at all in the Championship at all, his game really fell off that bad? That's a pretty damning statement on the quality of the Championship!

I feel like he had already worked his way out of the USMNT picture by the time he even transferred after a few horrid performances in some friendlies, ironically enough because he lacked the physicality.

I don't think Ream fell off at all during his time in the Championship , he was picked as the outstanding player on the team several times. He is now a regular starter in the premier league although his team Fulham is in the relegation zone

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

I don't think Ream fell off at all during his time in the Championship , he was picked as the outstanding player on the team several times. He is now a regular starter in the premier league although his team Fulham is in the relegation zone

They also have the worst defense in the league by a mile!

I'm not using that to say anything about Ream, it just shocked me.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Yeah but he is BAD in the Prem. I've watched a few Fulham matches this season and Ream almost never looks good.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

I think Ream's form last year was amplified by the Outstanding Player recognition and his form this year is amplified by Fulham's severe struggles in the PL. There's a middle ground there. 

Despite receiving that award, as someone who watched a fair amount of Fulham, he was nowhere near the MVP of that team, in my opinion. Sessegnon, Cairney, and Mitrovic were all more vital parts to their success.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Ream would be a fine BPL player if his supporting cast around him weren't catastrophic. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,911 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

watched a fair amount of Fulham, he was nowhere near the MVP of that team, in my opinion. Sessegnon, Cairney, and Mitrovic were all more vital parts to their success.

This guy probably watched all Fulham matches:
https://www.football...segnon-14744632

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

This guy probably watched all Fulham matches:
https://www.football...segnon-14744632

Ill defer to someone who watched them in full. Saying he was nowhere near the MVP was also an exaggeration on my part. He also rated the three players previously mentioned with the same 9 rating.

I personally felt some of those attackers were of a bit more importance because while Fulham was very solid defensively, I didnt view them as a juggernaut. I believe 5 or 6 of the Top 8 that year conceded fewer goals than them. However, they were very potent in the attack. They were at worst 2nd in goals for and by a decent margin. They had a solid core in place already, but adding Mitrovic mid season catapulted them to another level. They went on that blistering unbeaten run after Christmas and never looked back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users