49 replies to this topic

soccerdad

soccerdad

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Supports:metro
Rename Sky Blue "The Wings" (as in "Red Bull gives you wings")

petition to rename skyblue so that they are more 'on brand'

red bull women FC
sky red FC
red cows FC

ok maybe not the last one...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Rename Sky Blue "The Wings" (as in "Red Bull gives you wings")

Certainly do not want to name them Red Wings!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Marketing...perhaps Red Bull should finally drop New York from the team name and rebrand as Metro FC...although I prefer SC because this is the USA. Red Bull would still own the club and be primary shirt sponsor. New logo incorporating MetroStars elements. Market the hell out of the club in NJ. Try to reconnect with the local market, while still appealing to fans in both states.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

rebrand as Metro FC

Always been the dream for old-timers.
Been RB for so long now, that some would complain!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Always been the dream for old-timers.
Been RB for so long now, that some would complain!

Of course. My preference is the hybrid Metro / Red Bull or Empire. Something tied to the clubs history. Otherwise leave it alone and figure things out. I dont want to see a completely new rebrand, resulting in essentially a new club or third iteration of the club.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Is there much advertising on the radio? I don't live in the area anymore but I still follow the Devils closely and 105.5 DHA is big supporter of the team cause one of the top guys is big Devils fan.

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Supports:Metro

People still listen to terrestrial radio?

Per Red Bull, no strategy technically is a strategy. You fans need to belly up to the bar.

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I'll be gobsmacked if the Fire moving to Soldier field does anything for that team.

They were up to 30,000 sold for the opener as of a week ago, and that match isn't until the 21st.

Whether they can sustain 20,000+ remains to be seen, but I've seen a massive uptick in advertising and in general awareness of the team in the last 6 months.

People like to dump on suburban stadiums, and rightly so, but I don't think people who live in places other than Chicago realize exactly how big of a deal that piece of shit stadium in Bridgeview really was. Like, I've lived in Chicago since 2012 and I made it to Bridgeview 5 times. It was such a colossal pain.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

I've lived in Chicago since 2012 and I made it to Bridgeview 5 times. It was such a colossal pain.

I know one time!
http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=7071

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

People like to dump on suburban stadiums, and rightly so, but I don't think people who live in places other than Chicago realize exactly how big of a deal that piece of shit stadium in Bridgeview really was. Like, I've lived in Chicago since 2012 and I made it to Bridgeview 5 times. It was such a colossal pain.

If you replace Chicago with New York City and Bridgeview with Harrison, this begins to sound very familiar. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

If you replace Chicago with New York City and Bridgeview with Harrison, this begins to sound very familiar. 

Eh it's really not the same though, Bridgeview is legit in the middle of nothing, has no restaurants around it at all in walking distance. To get there via public transportation are a few connections and takes absolutely forever and there are no trains nearby. I think they use to run shuttles for fans to get there but it's still horrible to get to. Uber wise since it's like 16 miles from actual Chicago and there's always traffic its never cheap to do that either and it's a real hassle trying to catch an Uber after the game too since the place is one giant parking lot.

At least we have NJ transit with shuttle buses and the PATH when it's running plus there are places to eat in Harrison and the Ironbound.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Eh it's really not the same though, Bridgeview is legit in the middle of nothing, has no restaurants around it at all in walking distance. To get there via public transportation are a few connections and takes absolutely forever and there are no trains nearby. I think they use to run shuttles for fans to get there but it's still horrible to get to. Uber wise since it's like 16 miles from actual Chicago and there's always traffic its never cheap to do that either and it's a real hassle trying to catch an Uber after the game too since the place is one giant parking lot.

At least we have NJ transit with shuttle buses and the PATH when it's running plus there are places to eat in Harrison and the Ironbound.

If you're coming from Long Island, RBA is a pain. I don't drive there...I take the LIRR to Penn, NJT to Newark Penn, and then hoof it or take the PATH back to Harrison. Getting home after a match can easily take me two hours. Yes, I can grab a beer or a donut at my connections, but when the final whistle blows at 9:30 PM, I'm lucky if I walk into my house by 11:30.  It's a minimum of 3 1/2 hours of commuting for a 90 minute match, and the sad thing is it's probably less than 40 miles as the crow flies.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I am not questioning or agreeing with the validity of people's complaints about Harrison/Bridgeview.  I am just saying that many of the complaints people have made about Harrison are similar to those made about Bridgeview.  

What is true is that Bridgeview and Harrison are both convenient to the people who live nearby, which is not an insignificant amount of people in giant cities like New York and Chicago. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

If you're coming from Long Island, RBA is a pain. I don't drive there...I take the LIRR to Penn, NJT to Newark Penn, and then hoof it or take the PATH back to Harrison. Getting home after a match can easily take me two hours. Yes, I can grab a beer or a donut at my connections, but when the final whistle blows at 9:30 PM, I'm lucky if I walk into my house by 11:30.  It's a minimum of 3 1/2 hours of commuting for a 90 minute match, and the sad thing is it's probably less than 40 miles as the crow flies.

Long Island was never the area the team was looking to draw fans from. It sucks for those of you out there but that commute was never going to be a good one.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I am not questioning or agreeing with the validity of people's complaints about Harrison/Bridgeview.  I am just saying that many of the complaints people have made about Harrison are similar to those made about Bridgeview.  

What is true is that Bridgeview and Harrison are both convenient to the people who live nearby, which is not an insignificant amount of people in giant cities like New York and Chicago. 

Bridgeview is not convenient for anyone

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users