131 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Just as you opt not to buy and drink that junk, you can also chose not to support the team. Put your money where your mouth is.

I support the players, whoever they are, who put that jersey on week in and week out and give it their all. Sometimes the results will be good, others not. No matter what, i will support them

I never supported Juan Pietravillo.

I openly bood Rafa Marquez.ive never bought a Red Bull drunk in my life either.........but never spit one out like Alecko.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars and foot fetishes

Personally, I doubt this team will come up with a 24 man roster by the start of the season.  This team is incomplete, literally.  WE NEED PLAYERS!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,188 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Personally, I doubt this team will come up with a 24 man roster by the start of the season.  This team is incomplete, literally.  WE NEED PLAYERS!

They've got 24 now, who's getting cut?!

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars and foot fetishes

They've got 24 now, who's getting cut?!

Hopefully Rzatkowski and Davis.  They suck.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Does anyone else get the feeling that this club may be sold soon?

I cannot think of any other reason why the club is being run this way. Pumping no money into the team. Making no attempts to increase attendance, or anything. Maybe Red Bull sees the direction MLS is heading and realizes you can't just compete with a good academy team anymore...

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,408 posts
  • Supports:New York

It is more complicated than that because I doubt the league will let Red Bull stick around for 10-20 years if their attendance is pitiful and makes the league look bad.

NE Revolution tho...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,655 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Does anyone else get the feeling that this club may be sold soon?

I cannot think of any other reason why the club is being run this way. Pumping no money into the team. Making no attempts to increase attendance, or anything. Maybe Red Bull sees the direction MLS is heading and realizes you can't just compete with a good academy team anymore...

imo, I don't think a sale is happening. I just think that it's possible that players don't come here unless this team is the last option. Players talk. Agents talk. Would you want your client or whoever being steered to a team where the coach isn't all that great and the SD only closes reservists, HGs and draftees when it comes to player acquisitions? 

If they're gonna sell, it won't be anytime soon. They're gonna wait. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

imo, I don't think a sale is happening. I just think that it's possible that players don't come here unless this team is the last option. Players talk. Agents talk. Would you want your client or whoever being steered to a team where the coach isn't all that great and the SD only closes reservists, HGs and draftees when it comes to player acquisitions? 

If they're gonna sell, it won't be anytime soon. They're gonna wait. 

maybe there is a bit of talk but I still think the issue is the scout/analytics department has not been up and running for enough time and throughput. They are doubling down on this aspect.  RBG did not give them $$ without this aspect fully resourced. 

Now why we have gotten few to no transfers /scouting tips from RBL and RBS is odd but we have had a mixed bag on that perspective especially for the younger players.  Might be changing now with Sims and Kaku.  

Seriously why no loanees from RBS??

Also, lack of $$$ by RBG is hard to understand but could be we are poouring $$ in Academy and think they will yield a bumper crop when it has been good but not 1/3 the RBL team is from NYRB good. 

At least it sounds like they are actively scouting and in discussions.  The who they are targeting is mixed (some sound promising) others are odd on why someone playing in Championship with possible EPL promotion are odd. 

The lack or slowness in closing is another aspect to the story.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  • Supports:Metro

maybe there is a bit of talk but I still think the issue is the scout/analytics department has not been up and running for enough time and throughput. They are doubling down on this aspect.  RBG did not give them $$ without this aspect fully resourced. 

Now why we have gotten few to no transfers /scouting tips from RBL and RBS is odd but we have had a mixed bag on that perspective especially for the younger players.  Might be changing now with Sims and Kaku.  
Seriously why no loanees from RBS??

Also, lack of $$$ by RBG is hard to understand but could be we are poouring $$ in Academy and think they will yield a bumper crop when it has been good but not 1/3 the RBL team is from NYRB good.

RB Global is our scouting network and thats better than some teams have. They just dont give a shit about us.

Regardless as a GM you should know the players in your own league and be able to string together a few great acquisitions. Ham Sandwich cant do this.

As for the academy...its important to have a strong one...and use it...but not use the academy and ONLY the academy.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

But even if Red Bull wants us to be a selling club, to develop players and then sell them on....why aren't we buying young talent to play here and develop so they can move on to Leipzig or Salzburg? Who are we gonna sell on this current team? Brian White and Tom Barlow are gonna go to Europe? Random college draft picks gonna play for Leipzig one day? Tyler Adams was a VERY rare case...

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Why cant the young prospects, for the RBL or RBS, be loaned to us to develop? If they trust the system so much, it doesnt matter where a prospect plays!! At this point, its complete bullshit.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Why cant the young prospects, for the RBL or RBS, be loaned to us to develop? If they trust the system so much, it doesnt matter where a prospect plays!! At this point, its complete bullshit.

Maybe because the Salzburg and Leipzig guys are not the "right fit" type of players that Hamlett and Armas are looking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users