202 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I guess because I was expecting a draw, I'm not super disappointed. A bit because we were up two men, but it's not the worst result in the world.

I cannot stand playing in Yankee Stadium. It's such an adjustment it is for the away team. You see defenders hesitate on closing down guys in midfield, because pressing them would mean immediately opening up space in a more dangerous area. And because the field is so tiny, you can make a perfect pass diagonally across the field and create a legitimate scoring opportunity. There was a reason midfielders were playing flick on headers, because you can do so right into the attacking third.

I guess I credit them with using the field to their advantage. But I mostly fault MLS for letting this team play on a smaller-than-regulation field with no end in sight.

It's MLS. No one should be undefeated at home this far into the season. NYCFC's away record is ass and I'm sure they've got a negative away goal differential, too. They're not undefeated at Yankee Stadium because they're good. It's the piss poor field.

They are 4-6-3 on the road with a -8 goal differential (19 GF, 27 GA). Even worse if you were to count their 1 Open Cup game when we beat them down 4-0 for the second time this season.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

They are 4-6-3 on the road with a -8 goal differential (19 GF, 27 GA). Even worse if you were to count their 1 Open Cup game when we beat them down 4-0 for the second time this season.

That's comparable, record-wise, to the Union, Sounders, Galaxy and Whitecaps. All decidedly non-elite teams.

This isn't a good team. This is a team that leverages their home field well.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

That's comparable, record-wise, to the Union, Sounders, Galaxy and Whitecaps. All decidedly non-elite teams.

I completely agree. They also started 2-0-2 with a +3 differential on the road, so they have been trending even worse than that record suggests.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

the guys didn't sack up enough in the 2nd half. end of. BWP's face during the interview said as much...in addition to the words that came out of his mouth. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

fault MLS for letting this team play on a smaller-than-regulation field .

The sod is also a problem.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

As much as I like to shit on them, there's a bit more to it than just the home field. They also missed Villa for 5 of their 13 away games. How would our record look with BWP out for a bunch of our games? And they are probably more reliant on Villa than we are on 99, somehow.

Their away record is not great, but is respectable (they are 8th in PPG at 1.15; only 12 teams have >1 PPG, which is basically the 'make the playoffs' threshhold). Only ATL, us, and KC have positive GD away from home (+5, +3, +2), and these are also 3 of 4 teams with a >.500 record and >1.5 PPG away from home (Dallas is at 1.5 PPG and -3 GD).

https://www.soccerst....asp?league=usa

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

It was a pathetic 2nd half showing. PATHETIC. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I KNEW Dan wouldn't let us down with the Bum of the Week!!!!!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users