175 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Curious how many people here think we are ok with who we have to backfill for Tyler, and how many think we need to add?

Same for Muyl/Valot's spot.   

Perfect world, I would like to see additions in both spots. That being said, I don't see 2 big splashes being made. I think even 1 big splash may be wishful thinking. In terms of prioritizing the needs, I would like to see a major reinforcement brought in for the wing above all. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Can minors sign binding work contracts?
Even if yes, those contracts would have to be lucrative.
Otherwise, what minor would ever sign?

Adams signed, Mines signed.  Freddy Adu signed.  Plenty of kids turn pro before they turn 18.

I'm no contract lawyer, but maybe since they are under 18 their parent/guardian has to sign.  

As far as how lucrative it has to be, I guess that depends on the kid and what options he has.  In Mines' case, he apparently had a full ride to Stanford;  the offer from RBNY had to be pretty good to get him to pass on that.  Other kids may not have such good options and would take much less.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://www.socceram...stment-mo.html?[

https://www.socceram...xiiCMDIvM8DBxq4
USA registrations used to average one per year.
In recent years, 5 to 9.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Unser Neuzugang Tyler Adams absolviert seine Fitnesstests am Cottaweg!

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Unser Neuzugang Tyler Adams absolviert seine Fitnesstests am Cottaweg!

Looks like he's got #14

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
https://sbisoccer.co...gainst-dortmund Tyler has trained with us all week,” said Rangnick. “He had a few problems with his adductor after the weekend, but he’s taken part in every session and will definitely be in the squad.” “Given that he’s only been here just over two weeks, we’re really happy with him so far. We knew that he’s a player who wouldn’t take long to settle in, but there’s still a difference between being with us for a few months and years or just a couple weeks.” Adams made his Leipzig debut last weekend in their 1-1 friendly draw against Galatasaray. If Adams does get playing time he would follow several other USMNT players who have appeared in Germany’s top-flight this campaign. “With all respect to the MLS and his development, there’s a difference between being one of the best – if not the best – midfielders in the MLS, and playing in the Bundesliga. So we’ll have to take things step by step, but he’ll definitely be in the squad on Saturday.”

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Yeah, there is a difference. 

Adams took strides with his first touch and on-ball composure this last year, but he still have a lot to work on in that area to play on a good team in a top-4 league. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

https://sbisoccer.co...gainst-dortmundSo well have to take things step by step, but hell definitely be in the squad on Saturday.

Making the squad already is a really good sign.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
https://www.dieroten...dly-Report.html

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Tyler and RB Leipzig take on Pulisic and Dortmund tomorrow (Sat.) at 12:30 on FS1

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Tyler and RB Leipzig take on Pulisic and Dortmund tomorrow (Sat.) at 12:30 on FS1

How much you think Fox tried to bribe those two teams to get Pulisic and Adams out there?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

How much you think Fox tried to bribe those two teams to get Pulisic and Adams out there?

Any surprise injuries on either squad?
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=NjUQMs0kVEI

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Starting!!

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png Wir wollen den Auswärtsdreier und beginnen dafür mit dieser Startelf 1f929.png26bd.png Winter-Neuzugang Tyler #Adams feiert sein #RBL-Pflichtspieldebüt! 1f4aa.png 1 Gulácsi 4 Orban © 6 Konaté 7 Sabitzer 9 Poulsen 11 Werner 14 Adams 16 Klostermann 23 Halstenberg 27 Laimer 31 Demme #F95RBL

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Looking good so far. Leipzig up 1-0 after Adams earned the team a corner kick and then the keeper misplayed the corner.

Then won a ball and earned another corner although an offsides was called.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

well they're 3-0 after 15 so something is working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users