65 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,916 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

While I have major issues with RB global, I find it very unlikely that they dictate starting rosters in NY. 

I sometimes question whether the overlords even remember that RBNY still exists.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

pretty sure CCJ 's contract expires in 2022.  so we either need to sell or sign him to a new deal.  shouldnt let him leave for free

He signed an multi year extension prior to the 2020 pandemic altered season, of course that could mean a 2 year extension (until 2022) with an option year maybe. Getting back to moving players on is going to be an important part of Thelwells job so well see.

His agency probably wouldnt hate a move to Europe, recent YT video from 4 months ago would indicate they are looking to shop him.

https://youtu.be/GlrIVdHS9R0

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

CCJ is such a weird case. Just when you think it's all coming together for him, he either hits a rough patch or sees his role on the team change. I think he's got enough talent to warrant interest from abroad, but he's gotta be a tough guy to scout.

I think he sticks around one more year.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Supports:Metro
CCJ and Clark need at least another season here.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Theres a path to playing time for CCJ even if it might be split between multiple positions. Do we really want CCJ starting in the attacking midfield heading into 2022, though? To me that would mean the team didnt do enough to address the offensive issues over the winter

As for Clark, the kid couldnt get minutes in a team with an anemic attack. Is it best for him to come back here and be primarily used as a substitute or go somewhere hes going to play regularly

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

While I have major issues with RB global, I find it very unlikely that they dictate starting rosters in NY. 

It amuses the fuck out of me that people piss and moan nonstop about us being nothing more than a development arm for RB Global, and then assert that RB Global pays no attention to the development of their one and only player targeted for development here.     

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Plus they paid more for Struber to come to NY than they are for Clark to go to Leipzig (which is $0 right?). I wouldn't assume Clark is a golden child immune to coach's decisions

Undisclosed fee. Can't be zero, but yeah, probably less than what was paid for Struber.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

He wasnt just NOT starting, he wasnt getting any minutes at all. Even if Leipzig isnt paying transfer fee, hes still their asset. They still want him to develop. A parent team, even one not as closeybreated as Leipzig is to RBNY, will express their concerns if their loaned player isnt being coached right.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Need to make Cásseres the face of the team. Kids got game. Paying him more.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It amuses the fuck out of me that people piss and moan nonstop about us being nothing more than a development arm for RB Global, and then assert that RB Global pays no attention to the development of their one and only player targeted for development here.     

1) I've never complained about that

2) I didn't mean to suggest they're literally not paying any attention to Clark, but I agree with 67% that they wouldn't meddle with Struber's lineup choices. Both those things can be true.

He wasnt just NOT starting, he wasnt getting any minutes at all. Even if Leipzig isnt paying transfer fee, hes still their asset. They still want him to develop. A parent team, even one not as closeybreated as Leipzig is to RBNY, will express their concerns if their loaned player isnt being coached right.

Ok yet the situation resolved itself just as you'd expect for any player not going to Leipzig. He sat for awhile, got himself mentally and physically in better shape, and finally came back to earn minutes. I see no signs here that Struber is taking orders from Leipzig.

I'm not laying any blame at Clark, Struber, or Red Bull here. Just pointing out that for whatever reason he's not developing at the pace of someone set to join a top Bundesliga squad next year, so maybe another team would be a better loan situation for him.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts

At this point, there's no reason to believe that Clark will be in Leipzig next year.  I still think his upside is limited because he's physically limited, but he seems to have a ton of will, and that can take you a long way.

Which part of his physicality do you see as most limited?   He has size, decent pace, agility, and remarkable spatial awareness.   He'll only get stronger.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

He signed an multi year extension prior to the 2020 pandemic altered season, of course that could mean a 2 year extension (until 2022) with an option year maybe. Getting back to moving players on is going to be an important part of Thelwells job so well see.

His agency probably wouldnt hate a move to Europe, recent YT video from 4 months ago would indicate they are looking to shop him.

https://youtu.be/GlrIVdHS9R0

Dyer also tweeted contract is until 2022

https://twitter.com/...838771329343495

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,513 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They brought in Paul Mitchell in 2019...

Clark does have great hair, conversely, I'm losing mine...lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I dont think they will. They bought clark for peanuts and it is in there interest to have him develop. If struber feels he needs to be benched to motivate his development then I dont see why they would object

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts

I dont think they will. They bought clark for peanuts and it is in there interest to have him develop. If struber feels he needs to be benched to motivate his development then I dont see why they would object

Sometimes player development and winning games are conflicting goals.     

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users