65 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,547 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Sometimes player development and winning games are conflicting goals.     

But it's not like rbny is playing a bunch of 30 year olds. He is competing with other young players. The environment he is in is good. If he cant cut it here, how is he going to cut it in europe when they have better young talent.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,816 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I am beginning to see CCJ as a Dax/Davis type player - good enough to do very well in MLS, but not good enough to jump ship overseas.  But he's only 21, so who knows.  He showed enormous progress at the start of the year.     I'd be thrilled if he continued to progress and became a local lifer, though I'm sure that's not what he's thinking.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It amuses the fuck out of me that people piss and moan nonstop about us being nothing more than a development arm for RB Global, and then assert that RB Global pays no attention to the development of their one and only player targeted for development here.     

You mean me by "People"?

I think you need to read with a touch a nuance. Not everything is a hyperbolic argument. 

The fact that RB Global is very obviously focusing on developing players does not necessarily mean that RB global is remoting managing the team.

Micromanagement doesn't work. As any loaning team, RBL would rather clark start/play I'm sure, but they would even more enjoy having a ongoing pipeline of talent. RB global hired Thelwell and Struber to do that - the best owners in any business hire smart people, establish clear goals, and then stay out of the way.   

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,816 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

You mean me by "People"?

I think you need to read with a touch a nuance. Not everything is a hyperbolic argument. 

The fact that RB Global is very obviously focusing on developing players does not necessarily mean that RB global is remoting managing the team.

Micromanagement doesn't work. As any loaning team, RBL would rather clark start/play I'm sure, but they would even more enjoy having a ongoing pipeline of talent. RB global hired Thelwell and Struber to do that - the best owners in any business hire smart people, establish clear goals, and then stay out of the way.   

So now they are the best owners in the business?    

They have one player here they care about.  He doesn't sit the bench for a month without them knowing and approving.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

So now they are the best owners in the business?

Seriously dude....trolling is beneath you.  RB is an amazing business enterprise. They are super smart. I just think evidence supports that RBNY winning is not their priority 1A. That actually probably makes them smarter business people.  

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,547 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I am beginning to see CCJ as a Dax/Davis type player - good enough to do very well in MLS, but not good enough to jump ship overseas.  But he's only 21, so who knows.  He showed enormous progress at the start of the year.     I'd be thrilled if he continued to progress and became a local lifer, though I'm sure that's not what he's thinking.

I dont know. He has grown so much since he has made it to the first team and he is only 21. He could still make another jump. I think he is much further advanced in his development than dax at the same age.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think his ceiling is definitely higher than that and he'll likely get a chance to demonstrate it in a year or two, especially if he continues progressing.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Yeah, CCJ is definitely a higher ceiling player than Dax and Davis but I also don't know if I see him as a high enough ceiling to leave.  The kid made a real jump in ability this year so I'm happy for him.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Wow 67% is red bull marketing shill  :)+

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,929 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the best owners in any business hire smart people, establish clear goals, and then stay out of the way. 

OTOH, there are plenty of micromanaging owners.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I dont think they will. They bought clark for peanuts and it is in there interest to have him develop. If struber feels he needs to be benched to motivate his development then I dont see why they would object

I think my point is getting lost. Someone suggested Leipzig wouldnt loan Clark back to us because Struber didnt play him. My point is that I think Leipzig felt Strubers decision making regarding Clark was correct. Either he wasnt physically ready after his surgery or whatever, if they didnt trust Struber they would have let him know.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Yeah, CCJ is definitely a higher ceiling player than Dax and Davis but I also don't know if I see him as a high enough ceiling to leave.  The kid made a real jump in ability this year so I'm happy for him.

CCJ is like Duncan or a Murillo I dont see him moving to a top 5 league but he can play at a tier below maybe low end Bundesliga

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

CCJ is like Duncan or a Murillo I dont see him moving to a top 5 league but he can play at a tier below maybe low end Bundesliga

I could also see him making a move to a team in Mexico or Argentina. 

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
CCJ on the bench for Venezuela today. Ecuador has a player named Djorkaeff Reascos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users